You are here

What is expected

atpeace's picture

Ok from a man's perspective what is it that the DH expect from the SM when it comes to the DH's adult daughters (18 & 21) what are the boundaries of SM? I am very new to all this so please keep that in mind and excuse my ignorance...I am myself divorced with a grown son who has a healthy relationship with his BF, SM and his 1/2 siblings as I do as well...I could be jumping the gun but just want to educate myself on boundaries, expectation etc...so as to try and not make mistakes or cause problems.

stone1215's picture

they are his daughters . they are adults that you will need to have a relationship with as long as you are with their dad . your husband will need to set clear expectations on them , and on you , and most importantly on himself in the new family dynamic . you are his partner . you are staying . they are his kids . they are going . you will all presumeably be in each other lives for a long time . communicate , respect , and remove yourself when necessary . above all treat them as you would want the sm to treat your son .