You are here

How do you get the court ordered child support altered

liks's picture

Found the court order the other day re my DH divorce with the ex slag....and it says he needs to pay her 200 bucks a week for them horrible 2 overweight constantly grizzling kids of his....

However,....my DH pays 300 per week and their damn cell phone bills

wot do we do....we are trying to buy a new house...

oh and she was ordered to pay 30k worth of credit card debt....how can I tell if she actually paid it when it would have all been in my husbands name....???

Oi Vey's picture

You don't need to alter anything if the order is for $200/week. He can just start paying that much. (Unless there's a withholding for arrearages.)
If the credit cards were in DH's name, it should be pretty simple for him to find out if they're paid. Don't be shocked if they're not, though. And even though the divorce says she owes it, the creditors will come after your DH anyway.

liks's picture

Tar oi vey.....what is a withholding for arrearages...?

Im not aware of what that means....would it be in the order somewhere under those words...?

I am sure that horrible thing did not pay for those cards she was ordered to....any idea how to get her to pay them???

apart from going around there and throwing kitty litter containing heaps of turds all over her? hehehe :sick:

Oi Vey's picture

If DH fell behind in his CS payments, he would have arrearages to pay. Often, the court will include a percentage of the past due amount with the current amount and that's what he pays.
For instance, my XH is WAY behind in support. He supposedly has found a job, and the CS order to withhold includes $800 for arrears. (We'll see if I collect it...)

No, there's basically no "way" to make her pay the CCs. DH can opt to pay them to clear his credit to buy a house. Then he can sue her and maybe he'll have a prayer of collecting it one day. Sad

liks's picture

Ok...thanks so much....!!!!

Interesting...you have an ex who dont pay either....mine is the same...he owes around 4 thousand dollars...and yeap....works one moment getting a 80k salary then the next thing...he works and only receives 35k....wanker!!

So could the money arrangment be altered without going to court...and if it has been can you alter it back without any warning...

I feel like calling the slag up and saying....'Im paying the bills now and according to my records here you only get $200 bucks a week and if you want them kids to have a phone YOU PAY IT... not us!