You are here

Is he being a good vs

Newbie_step's picture

So guys... please hear me out...

I got married to this great guy... at first I though wow... what a great dad... he has this great bond with his dad... I mean wow.... every time we spoke he was at his son's school... or doing stuff with his son.... so I fell in love with him... he's son is 10 and I love to pieces... however... now I see it... he is the overly involved parent.. I am a high school teacher and I can tell you he's the parent you don't want in your classroom... He has his son every day... and even though they shared custody with his crazy ass ex... he has his son even on her weeks.. they each have him every other week... so we have him every day.. he has his own business so he's time is very... very... flexible... so the Christmas season is his highest... plus if he doesn't work on the morning... he has to work at night.. and of course there is the I am so busy to do stuff around the house... or too busy to do stuff with you...... so we talked about his son's field trip... and how he's so busy.. and he has hardly ....time to do anything but work.... so today he goes to his son's school field trip.... is not only about that though... I mean he is soooo overly involved in his son's life... that he hovers... and treats him like his five.... I mean his son... only thinks of himself and how we are here to serve him... this has been the biggest and only issue in our marriage... I resent his son... and I am constantly fighting to have a place in his life. We actually go to counseling because of this issue... and because his son has issues.... and the counselor is trying to teach him how I should be a priority in his life.... and not his son... so I am running out of patience... and I know I see and catch every little thing.. that he does wrong... and I really try not to.... the counselor said I need to be patient.. and I am trying... but when he does these things... it really pisses me of....
His son feels like he is the king of the world... I am tired of him... he's a brat... I love him but geez.... I have my own two sons... and I don't remember them ever being this spoiled.... I am just soooo frustrated... and he doesn't see why it bothers me... he thinks it's me... looking really hard for issues to call him on.... I mean... he has made some changes ... but every time i say something like .. we need to make pizza automatically he says... oh... his son's name would like that too... is like... I am so tired of it... i want to barf... every time i hear his son's name... I mean... before me... it was all about his son....

bestwife's picture

Yeah almost every meal out I hear "Oh SS would love that". Well let SS (24) get off his ass and earn enough money to eat at these restaurants (not expensive) because I have NO intention of satisfying that "need".

Dannee's picture

His father is over indulgent...

If you don't know what that means..
Look it up..

He is doing more harm than good..

My skids BM is over indulgent!!

Never knew what is was....I learn it here...!!

Newbie_step's picture

How can I make DH see this??? I mean the fights we have is because of his son... I am tired and frustrated most of the time... he thinks it's me being negative about his bratty spoiled child...last week we had a hockey game and then the scouts had an overnight... I did not stayed... but it would have been nice to be asked... and just for DH to say .... are you ok with this..... I mean it's like he doesn't think he needs to include me for those kind of decisions.... Am I nuts???? in expecting him to take me into consideration when making decisions about outings and overnights with his son???