You are here

16 year old SS is impossible

fxstsrider's picture

Hi All,

I'm having such a problem with my 16 year old SS. I've been with his mom for 5 years now and have lived in the same house for 3 1/2 of that. This always has to be up his mom's butt when I'm around. I can't even walk next to her when we're out. He almost trips me to walk next to her, cuts me off, runs around things, whatever it takes. God forbid we go to the beach and myself and my wife lay down on a blanket. My daughter will lay on another blanket but he'll squeeze his way onto ours. I swear my 14 year old daughter is way more mature and accepting then him. My wife an I can go into the bedroom and close the door and my SS will knock on the door every 10-15 minutes. When he's around - which is 95% of the time, I can't get a moment alone with my wife. I still to this day get the attitude that I can't tell him what to do about anything. I constantly try to help him with anything he asks for but god forbid I ask for anything. I've tried everything I know to try with him yet it seems like he just wants to hurt me any way he can.

It's at the point now where it has been affecting the relationship between my wife an I. I'll try to talk to my wife about it and ask her not to say anything to him but she always does and it seems to just make it worse. I'm at the point yesterday when I decided to take a break for a few days and go up to my lake house an hour and a half away. I'm angry, hurt and feel at my wits end.

fxstsrider's picture

Thanks, MizFoxie. I know the kid is cockblocking as well. He's been doing it since day one. Just recently I've been able to convince my wife that he needs to be ridden regarding his lying, etc. She used to punish him and let him off the next day. Really? Holy shit! Last year I caught him and my daughter touching each other and he swears it was all my daughters fault. My wife buys it too. So I'm supposed to believe that a 15 year old boy is being abused by a 13 year old girl. Whatever - still pisses me off!

He's just impossible. Lies about everything and gets over on his mom every chance he gets and treats me like total crap!

I've tried to tell my wife to let me just handle it and she won't. Everything i've read says to let her handle it though. At this point I have no idea how to handle it.

PokaDotty's picture

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Orange County Ca's picture

You can't have your daughter staying overnight with him in the house. It may already be too late if they're smart enough to keep it quiet. Please don't be naïve enough to think you're little girl didn't have anything to do with it and he's all to blame. That would be really stupid.

So unless you want to take your daughter up to that cabin every weekend, which isn't a bad idea if its accessible in the winter, then you've got to find other accommodations until all this is resolved. I'm not saying a divorce, just separate quarters until the kids are out of the home.

As for the boy he'll outgrow it in time but I would make it clear to the wife that he's going to have to stop one way or another when he graduates from high school. Weather its leaving the house or simply getting his act together. He's obviously traumatized by another man with his mother and can deserve some consideration. Considered counseling? They can do wonders.

fxstsrider's picture

I'm sure that both the kids had something to do with that situation. I'm not naive and realize this. Believe me, I laid into both of them hard and they stay away from each other now. I let them both know that I don't want to see them in the same room without supervision. EVER! I can't stress enough here how much I laid into both of them. I picked him up by the neck and told him if he ever touches my daughter again that would be it for him. I had the same conversation with my daughter. There hasn't been another incident since. I was lucky enough to catch this before it went to far, thank god. My daughter took the blame for it and my SS threw her under the bus. He throws everyone under the bus whenever he gets in trouble. When my daughter gets in trouble, does something wrong, she takes the blame and moves on.

I already feel beat up enough and don't need additional beatings from anyone else. I handled that situation and I'm not saying that any of it was right but I do believe that everybody has a part - you know. I'm just trying to make it a live able situation for everyone in the house but it seems impossible. SS gets away with doing whatever he wants and nothing works. My daughter on the other hand will get in trouble for something and I'll take care of it immediately and she's good for a few months. I get that all kids are a pain in the ass.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I should just go. The whole situation just sucks.

Rags's picture

I am glad that you gave both your SS-16 and DD-14 clarity on the inappropriate sexual activity.

As a man I can't even imagine tolerating one instance of any of this crap much less 5 years of it.

Change the locks, boot the molesting little Oedipus POS and his mother who is completely lacking in character and protect your daughter from any more of this toxic cesspool of a situation.

Your DW using her 16yo son as a mini husband sharing private conversations between the two of you with him is enough evidence to prove her lack of character IMHO.

Either deal with it all decisively or tolerate it. I know which way I would go were I you.

Good luck.

Toxic Situation's picture

Dear fxstsrider,

I read your initial post and can say that your situation is similar to mine. I have only one SS, and no children of my own. My SS is quite similar regarding the jealousy about my wife and I being together. Between ages 10 and 12, when we all first moved together, he used to sit and paw at the door and whine like a puppy when I was with my wife in the bedroom with the door locked. At age 14, if I sit with my wife on the sofa, he will run over put his hand on her face. Sometimes he says if we kiss, he's going to rip her out of my hands.

The backstory on the SS is too long to go into here. I will just say that he was raised as if he were a house pet by his mother and grandparents in an utterly permissive and indulgent environment. She bathed him and dressed him until he was 10. When he wouldn't eat dinner, she would hold the fork to his mouth and feed him like a small baby. She used to lay in bed with him every night until he went to sleep, until age 13. She stopped, not because I told her (I've told her for the past 4 years) but only because a psychologist has told her not to. So what is going on at night now, is that he begs every night for her to come into his bed. He also will come into our bedroom when she is laying down and lay on top of her. She protests loudly, but - as with all other signs of adult disapproval, he's learned to ignore it because, as he once told me, "they don't really mean it" and he is right. She doesn't mean it enough to stop it. I told her just last night when he did this again that, your son just mounted you, and that, one of these days when he's in a hormonal rush, you're going to get a big surprise.

And this is only on small part of the overal situation, so I don't want to go on and on about this. I'm just saying it as a way to illustrate how I see you in a similar situation as me.