You are here

ss11 has problems but bd and bm are the only ones who can't see it

leavittar's picture

Ss11 has some development issues and it seems that the whe world knows it except bm and my boyfriend d. Bm's boyfriend has actually treated to leave if she didn't get control of the kid
I have tip toed around the issue, bringing it up delicately, but I just get a head nod and a "ya he might be a little immature". OH HELL NO! This kid is 11 and if I didn't know that I would think he was 7. EVERY night at dinner, we have a knock down drag out fight (not literally) and he has a screaming crying stomping temper tantrum which results in him sitting at the table for over an hour till I get sick of listening to him, then I take away a video game or a snack or whatever...this kid plays with his poop in the bathroom, I've found it on the wall, his towel, and in the shower. Hr is so in your face annoying, that he has zero, count them, zero friends and get beat up quite a lot. But he does things to purposely get beat up. I finally decided that I didn't care if I hurt my boyfriends feelings or not, I told him that his son needs to see a Dr. And well that convo didn't last long everyone thinks so though. My family, his family, EVERYOME! its not just a case of a unique child wanting to be different that is a little immature, its far worse than that and I don't know what to do. My boyfriend admits that him and bm had bad parenting skills before and let him do anything he wanted, but we have a lot of structure in my house (I was a marine) and I very very strict and we have a lot of rules. He seems to like the strict structure though and he really loves me...but he still has a lot of issue. I've mad a lot of progress with him, but I think he needs to see a doctor and I'm not his mother so I can't.

leavittar's picture

All his teachers noted on his report card "serious issues with maturity, needs to be worked on"

leavittar's picture

That is what I keep saying. I myself suffer from PTSD and bipolar disorder. I know first hand what to look for for mental disabilities. I told boyfriend (while almost in tears) that I am scared for the future if we don't get it fixed now. I know how easy it is to make a quick decision when you are heated to hurt yourself or someone else and children that age don't understand the consequences of actions like that. But bf refuses to admit that that could ever happen
I'm sure he is embarrassed that his son has problems but swallow your damn pride! He is afraid that his son will go on meds and I said he doesn't have to but we need to find d the root cause. I guess I'll just keep plugging away!!

Rags's picture

Sure you can take your Skid to the doc. Anyone acting enloco parentis can including Sparents..... unless it specifically forbids you to do so in the CO.

Get the Skid some help. With idiot parents like BM and your SO he needs the help.