You are here

Zombies/emotional issues

Renegade2018's picture

Is there anyone out there that has been through this kind of crap? Like not just here and there, but years of it? 

I have two SS both around 10. Both turned into totally brainless zombies the second they know some kind of screen is nearby. If you are answering a phone, they are trying to stare at the screen. It's insane. For example... tv is totally off. They both will be walking by and just suddenly stop and stare at it. Gone. Lost to the far winds. It could be a plain blue screen (witnessed this) and both will just stand there looking at it for hours. We did away with the gaming system and tablets because of this. I dont ever remember kids being this way when we were growing up. 

The younger one has emotional issues. Random raging to then okay and constantly trying to hug people, if he gets in trouble he shuffles super slow and basically does exactly the opposite of what he is being told to do knowing it just aggravates the issue. He sometimes shuts down completely. Won't talk about what's bugging him. It's always something extremely petty or nonsensical. Such as nothing at all, he didnt get a certain candy (yet never asked), has to write spelling words to practice for test like we do everyday, etc. One time he went into a raging fit and refused to get dressed because my wife went to the store just to pay a bill and he wanted some sugary cereal he knew he wasn't going to get (never has had it here?). This was just last week. He was 1 year old when my wife left his dad, so no that isn't it. He's almost NINE! The whining fit lasted a week before he told us what his deal was. He was beating up the neighbors kids over this. He is in therapy, but we aren't getting feedback. He acts all hunky Dori in there. It is so frustrating. The dad is useless piece of work and just keeps saying he never has problems. We know that was a lie.. kids told us that he yells and screams a lot, but wint tell their gal that. Then a handful of strangers and I got to see it first hand that dear dad does have issues with him, but lies about it and blames it all on us. We can't say it's outright abuse because when anyone else is around, "nothing happens at dads". I'm starting to think they are scared or are being bribed into not telling. It is so weird and they act so much differently compared to my friends kids. Only one set of parents are still together. Sometimes these kids are the best ever and other times it's like the idiot switch was flipped. I cant really describe it I guess

Rags's picture

Absolutely common among the screen raised aged spawn.  My SS was one. So when he was in 6th grade we just purged anything game related from our home.  Anytime he walked into the room when his mom and I were relaxing watching a movie if he had things to be doing (homework, chores, etc...) we just turned off the TV and he could stand there with a blank look on his face until it registered that there was no screen on.  He would harrumph and go back to his homework. If the zombie stare persested for too long... we would get up, swat him on the ass, take him by the back of the neck and march him back to the study to complete his homework.

Eventually we sent him to Military School.  That was a great success... until the school pressured us into getting  him a laptop so that he could do his homework and papers in his room rather in the computer lab where the lines were long.  In hind site... .we should have not purchased that laptop.  His SpermIdiot hacked the school fire wall and they ended up staying up all night nearly every night playing WoW together. To the point that SS was a zombie and half comatose in class every day. 

You have purged all electronics except the TV apparently.  So, any time they walk in the room... turn it off.  No blue aura, no zombie.

As for hte other stuff..... meltdowns gets the belt out and it gets applied to kid butt.  Stinging ass has a remarkable way of reconnecting conductivity between the brain and behavior.

One thing I would also recommend is recording their crap.  This will allow you to share anything they say or do with the GAL so that they can't hide crap that goes on at dads. Kids blabber. Get it on video.

When they are having a meltdown be overt in pulling out the camera to record them.  That will piss them off to no end.

Belt to butt, behavior to recording, enforce the escalating consequences for crappy behavior in an age appropriate manner and ... NO SCREENS for them... EVER!!!

Renegade2018's picture

Here is a problem with that. I was falsely accused of child abuse and proved it was made up, yet they have kept an order against my wife saying nobody can utilize corporal punishment of any kind. Waiting until trial to end that. They have essentially barred her from having the option of exercising otherwise LEGAL methods and the kids know it too!!!! The evil one has said "if you spank me I will tell my dad hah hah hah". The older one told us they were instructed to do so because if they did they would get new games and wouldn't have to come back. I was accused of a pinching by the way. I wasnt even here yo. Not vicious beating, not severe abuse... pinching...the same shit the dad and his family does... it is so infuriating