You are here

SS8 drives me nuts

alwayslast1978's picture

I am really tryimg with SS8 and he is a good kid at times but a lot of the time I cant stand to be around him.  He is always asking for somerhing.  He did appreciate his xmas presents but he expects more every day.  He doesnt always get it but I am fed up with the constant asking.  I also find him loud amd obnoxious.  Everything always has to be about him and he has to choose everything.  His mom is just used to it and his older sister stays in her room.  He is so babied and has no independance.  He wont do anything without an adult. He still asks him mom to check his bum after he wipes which I dont get at all.  She thinks its fine but I think it is gross.  He just started staying in his bed this school year after being bribed.  He used to come into our bed each and every night.  He often makes loud obnoxios noises but my wife gets frustrated if I get annoyed with him even though he is the most annoying kid I have ever met.  I try to avoid him.but my wife gets upset if I do it too much.  He is SLOWLY maturing a bit but he is still super immature for his age.  I love my wife but he drives me nuts and her mom is a whole other can of worms.

Harry's picture

She actually checking his bum ?   Hate to tell you this. This is on your wife more then SS. She not parenting this kid, part of parenting, is to make a independent, good person.  One who will be able to actually get a job, Girlfriend, own apartment.

alwayslast1978's picture

I am well aware of my wifes role in this, trying to pick battles.

Little savages's picture

I hear you! Oh my. That was my SS too at age 7-8. Very immature and babied. Now he's 13 and although finally able to clean his bottom by himself, has extremely annoying and downright odd behaviour. Talks in a baby voice to his Dad, whines, plays the fool all the time, look at me, look how fantastic I am! He still has an immaturity but now it's worse because he uses it and manipulates situations. Our entire family dynamic revolves around him. His father makes out that's just how he is, nothing to see here.  But I believe he knows very well that his son is doomed to failure in the real world and school. He's been raised to be so annoying and there will always be a bit of loss of respect for my SO in raising him to be an ass. 

Rose_Pedal's picture

Everything you said fits my SD when she was 8. She is 11 now and it's gotten a little better but not much.

I had to tell my (now fiancé) that I would literally leave him if he continued to sleep with her in his bed and if she didn't start respecting my personal space.

The personal space thing is still hard and the obnoxious noises, hyperactivity, lack of independence is still very relevant.

I try to busy myself on the days we have her. I'm always pleasant to her and let her dad do the enforcing and correcting but it's enough to drive me nuts most days.

How long have you been in the picture? Do you have kids of your own?

LevinaFia23's picture

I'm going to make a new post on this for my situation but it's the exact same. I almost thoight I wrote this myself. Why are they like this? It's obvious why but geeeeez terrible result of mentally unfit parent in my case. Thanks for sharing I feel a bit sane just hearing I'm not alone.