You are here

some signs of PA?

Greenfig's picture

Ever since BM and skid got back from Disneyland there has been some funky going on. Skid is an emotional wreck, edgier than usual. Skid said something "really scary" happened at Disneyland. It takes her a whole day to wind down after she is with BM. She is sulky and withdrawn. She goes from extremely clingy to withdrawn.

Two days ago BM called wanting to change days last minute. BF asked her to please respond to the emails first that he has sent her 3 weeks ago. She said the answer is no to all questions. And then she started talking about changing the schedule again. That made BF pissed and he told her to put it in writing and hung up. So the next day he picks up skid from school and the skid is acting REALLY strange.

Neither of us have seen her this strange. We ask her about something or try to engage her in conversations and she just glares at us and then she whispers something under her breath. Then she goes and hangs out in her room. She NEVER hangs out in her room.

This is just really weird. I feel something fishy. Usually I am the first one to say something that has to do with intuition, but this time my BF actually brought it up. He was like "do you think something is funny about the way she is behaving?"

I don't like this......Could this be PA?

Stick's picture

Greenfig - it could be PA, or it could be something as horrible as steperg suggested.

What I would suggest you do is figure out which one of you she talks to more easily, get the kid alone and ask her straight out what is up and that you notice her acting different. Call her out on it.. but gently. And don't take "nothing is wrong" for an answer.

You may need to prod a little, gently, again, to get it out of her.

She might have heard something that pissed her off, or hurt her feelings. She might be confused. Who knows... how old is she?

*** A rainbow just threw up on me... and now I'm sh*tting glitter! ***

Greenfig's picture

She is 8.
I asked BF if he could gently prod a bit, since he feels like he needs to talk about it with her. In the same time he is afraid to ask too many questions about time spent with BM. In the past he had made it clear that we don't discuss what goes on in between households. BF feels like if he prodded, the skid might tell BM that "daddy is asking me all these questions".

Personally, if I was the parent I would ask, but I am not in that position.
:? :? :?

epgr's picture

maybe it would be easier for her if you talked to her.. if something horrible happened, it might be easier to talk to you about it instead of a guy. sit down with her and draw some pictures of what she did while at disney, what was the best part, what was the worst.. you can draw pics of a vaca you took or something when you were her age..