You are here

School Registration

Anonymous01's picture

So, BM has not yet completed SD's school registration forms online. I'm not sure if I should say something to her or just have DH do them. They were due August 1st. I don't feel me being the SM should have to remind BM....any advice?

ESMOD's picture

Before acting on a skid issue, ask yourself.  HOW does this affect me?  I would say, not at all.  I'm absolutely certain that schools are used to lazy/incompetent parents not filling out paperwork on time.

So, let BM make her bed.  She is an adult and can deal with whatever fallout there is.  

You can mention to DH that you know the paperwork hasn't been filled out.. but not sure how you know that and DH/BM don't.

ITB2012's picture

Just a friendly warning: do not make this your concern. 

A few things could happen. DH may start expecting you to remind him of things and then may be upset if you don’t remind him “in time.” BM could get offended you are doing too much. 

Yes, this may be a problem. Yes, you may worry about your skid. But it isn’t your responsibility.

Harry's picture

You should not do more then the bio parents.  This is how wars start.  By SM sticking there nose into think that does not concern them. You are NOT this kid parent. Unless there child abuse you must stay out of this 

tog redux's picture

Yep, not your concern. If there is some good reason why you know this (can't figure out what that would be), you can let DH know. 

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Not your circus, not your monkey. 

If SD's parents cannot be concerned with the needs of their daughter, it is NOT your problem. SAY NOTHING.

hereiam's picture

Sure, remind them. And then be prepared for them to expect you to catch ALL of balls that they drop.

Let.it.go.

Thisisnotus's picture

Don't do it. Not only do you not say anything but remove yourself from any school emails or accounts where you would even know this information.....and block the school's phone number from your phone.

Anonymous01's picture

Why I on earth would I do that?! What if she gets hurt and no one is answering?! That is not smart at all..

tog redux's picture

Doesn't she have two parents they will try to contact? Pretty sure both won't die at the same time so that you will be needed as a 3rd emergency contact.

Let the parents deal with school stuff (or not).  It's not like the school is going to refuse to educate her because they missed the registration deadline.

Thisisnotus's picture

Because it’s not your responsibility. Does your DH not answer his phone? Does BM not answer her phone? Are there grandparents? Aunts? Uncles?

STaround's picture

Please tell me this poor kid does not have two parents who dont care

Rags's picture

Do what you are comfortable with.  I was completely involved in SS's world. I registered him for school, I engaged medical care, etc, etc, etc....

Harry's picture

Is going to make BM happy ?  Do you think taking over BM job is not going to cause a problem with BM ?  Then BM will tell SK bad story’s about you,  and then you will blame SM for doing thing to you.

Anonymous01's picture

You don't know what I'll do! I'm not petty like that and SD knows right from wrong so good try! You don't know this BM. We have SD all the time so...

Thisisnotus's picture

But you are already being petty by even saying that you think you need to “let someone know” that BM didn’t complete the registration online.

i haven’t completed my kids either...I have to pay some fees first ....should their step mom log in and freak out? No. Should their step mom ever in her life log in to their school account....no. Where it lists “parents” is your name their? Is my kids step moms name there? No.

if you think that between dh and BM....that YOU are the only way SD will attend school....then you have a much larger problem.