You are here

Pregnant and need a break from stepkids

OliviaB2021's picture

I have 2 bio kids and 2 step kids ages 4 and 6. My step kids have serious mental and behavioral health issues. The 4 year old stepkid, has daily rages, stomps his feet, kicks the wall, throws things and screams for hours on end. The 6 year old is constantly in trouble at school. Just found out I'm pregnant and I don't know what to do between my stepkids and being pregnant. My bio kids are older ar 12 and 16 and try to help me with the step kids. My husband and I have his kids in counseling and medications. With the way both children are I am concerned for the safety of my unborn baby and myself. My husband works and I stay at home taking care of the kids. I am starting to hate his kids. The constant tantrums, kicking me. Hitting me. He even has trouble with them. He has full custody and mom is mia. Sorry for the vent. 

Rags's picture

What remote care options are there for your special needs SKids?  There may be options that will get them intensive therapy, medical intervention, and pharmaceutical interventions that will get them under control and give you, your kids, your pregnancy, and your marriage a break.

Worth the research I think.

Good luck.

LittleCloud9's picture

So both are on meds and in counseling. Good for you guys for getting them help. However they may need medication to be adjusted if they are still having these outbursts. Maybe find out if there is a counselor available for you to get some guidance on how to contain this behavior safely. Or have a serious sit down with their counselors. Weighted blanket helped my ss with some outbursts. Is there an adult family member who could give you a hand? Or a chance you could hire someone for a few hours a week to help lighten the load?

im so sorry you have to cope with all this. It sounds extremely difficult Sad