You are here

Parenting going out the door.

janeyc's picture

When I first met sd6 she was a horror, she had no discipline at all, bf never told her off, she pretty much did as she pleased, I said to bf if you want myself and sd to have a relationship then this has to stop, I put down some ground rules, her behaviour improved a lot and bf could see the benefits, in the last month things are changing, 1 of the rules is that sd stays in bed until I come to get her at 7am, she used to get up at 4.30 and expect us to jump up and make her breakfast, she used to get very tired in the afternoon because she had gotten up so early, this morning I get woken up at 6.20am they are laughing their heads off, my rule is if you let her get up, then you can get her ready for school yourself, I went back to bed, this makes my blood boil we have fallen out about this so many times, last night Im trying to help sd paint a ceramic pony, all she did was whine, what does Daddy do? He helps her instead and allows her to treat him like a servant, whine, whine, whine, it is supposed to be sd's bedtime at 7.30pm its a school night, she is falling asleep on him, no he keeps her up until 8.15, then she says I want a story, ok then Princess, ffs! It seems I must police his parenting because he can't stick to anything even though he knows it improves her behaviour no end, she never says please or thank you for him because he dos'nt prompt her to, she always does with me because she knoes she won't get anything otherwise, looks like we will be having a talk when he gets home from work, I am fuming.

janeyc's picture

No she has been sleeping until 7 for ages, she falls asleep on him if she stays up after 7.30, her bm and Grandmmother put her to bed at 7.30 as well, she is honestly exhausted at 7.30.