You are here

New to this stuff SS 11 is very difficult

Horrifiedandtired's picture

I knew SO son was different when we dated. He was rude to all adults, bossed my SO around, did odd mean thibgs to his friends and would have horrible melt downs with SO regularly. I had never witnessed the melt downs myself.

It's been a year living together and while SS can be sometimes pleasant if he wants something, occasionally amusing and gets along well with my children, his overall behavior is concerning.

He lies constantly, belittles and swears at his Dad, collects knives, is always in trouble at school, has punched holes in walls, talks about sex all the time, acts innapropriate in public, and constantly has a confrontational tone in his voice. He watches me and if I do 1 thing wrong loudly reports it everybody in the house. He used me forgetting 1 item in his lunch to explain an entire days worth of bad behavior. He's overweight and has large lunches, so he wasn't hungry.

There are issues with his mother. She lets him play video games constantly, overfeeds him and gives him whatever he wants every other week she has him. She had a teen relative she was suposed to be caring for taken by CPS recently. We aren't totally sure why but she wouldn't let her eat and locked the food away from her while SS gorged himself.

He's here for his every other week and kept us all up last night, with angry fits, whining and begging to use his computer. There are weeks he is here that we hardly get any sleep and it's like walking on eggshells hoping he doesn't blow up. He's had counseling but the BM insists on being in with him and he plays his parents off each other, lies and manipulates so it does no good.

I guess I don't expect help. I just want to vent. I'm exhausted and dreading this entire week.

Harry's picture

Because there no one parenting him.  BM and your SO is letting him get away with this behavior. His phone and computer is not taken away from him.  He is not getting professional help.  Time you you to start planning to move on. Get yourself away from this disfunction.  

Siemprematahari's picture

I knew SO son was different when we dated. He was rude to all adults, bossed my SO around, did odd mean thibgs to his friends and would have horrible melt downs with SO regularly.

You ignored the red flags and here you are exhausted and feeling dread every time this child visits your house. Feel free to vent away but do you plan to make any changes if this behavior continues?

tog redux's picture

So BM is awful - how does your SO handle his behavior?  I certainly would not do anything for this kid again EVER (such as packing his lunch).