You are here

Let's Talk Disney Dads

birdsoffeathers's picture

What did your Disney Dadding experience look like? Were you able to resolve it or move past it? Did you approach the issue with your partner? Hit me with your best DD insights and advice. 

Thumper's picture

Hit you with our best DD insights and advise?

nahhhh, I will pass. Based on your other "QUESTIONS", I do not believe your intent is pure.

ITB2012's picture

Being stuck with a guy who wants his relationship with his kids to be the happiest place on earth (Disney) and will ignore anything the kids do because they are happy and lash out at you if you don't support the fantasy. 

shamds's picture

Wife is expendable and kids are placed on a pedestal.

what does this teach the kids? That they can manipulate and treat others like shit and its ok and thats how you get through life. They end up leading dysfunctional lives. 

So disney dads idea of being a great parent is in reality being the shittiest parent out there

Rags's picture

My bride has never been a Disney parent.  Thankfully.

Even when we were first dating and SS-27 was 15mos old she was not one to facilitate tantrums.

I for sure got the beautiful princess and the young prince of a SS who fortuneately did not turn out like Mordred.  The kid ended up being more like Arthur who drew the sword of a great life from the stone in spite of the toxic evil manipulations of the slithering ROUSs (Rodents Of Unusual Size) wallowing in the shallow and polluted SpermClan end of the evil Fire Swamp of his gene pool.

References to The Sword in the Stone and The Princes Bride were entirely intended.