You are here

How to deal with ex who threatens SD to move to BD house?

Tonya - Mom of 4's picture

My SD is 10 and has a wonderful relationship with her dad (my hubby) and with me as well. However, she is so much like her mom that they have a tend to argue all the time and the older she's becoming the more frequent they are becoming. In the past, the ex always states that she is going to send her to live with us, as though that would be a bad thing. I really want my husband to say something to her about this so that if she does at some point come to live with us she won't view this as a punishment. Any suggestions? Thanks. Tonya

Frog44's picture

Until she would start packing her clothes, and sneaking out of the house to come visit us. SD started saying good, I want to go live there. Then BM stopped with that. I think that BM wants your daughter to think that living with you would be terrible and that everything will change if she lives with you. (your relationship with her) It may be one of the ways she can think to undermine the good relationship that the three of you share. I don't know. It's hard to figure out why things are said.

Our SD was very outspoken, and the minute BM realized that SD viewed it as a good thing, she stopped.

SD also ended up moving in with us, and she in no way viewed it as punishment because of the relationship that we had already established (her and I) and the relationship that she already had with her father.