You are here

Here is what you will be told if you stay with your disneyland spouse...........feel free to add to it!

surfchica's picture

Hi all. I hijacked another thread with this ( sorry) so I thought I would give it it's own post:

Here is what you can expect to be told IF THINGS ARE ALREADY GOING SOUTH WHEN YOU ARE DATING:

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS THE ADULT
SHE IS JUST A NORMAL KID> THATS WHAT THEY DO
GROW UP
YOU ARE MEAN
YOU HATE MY KID
YOU DON"T KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT PARENTING
BUTT OUT
I WILL ALWAYS TAKE HER SIDE
YOU ARE A %^^*
YOU ARE F'ING MY KID'S HEAD UP
SHE IS AFRAID OFYOU
YOU ARE ALWAYS COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING SHE DOES OR DOES NOT DO
SHUT UP
I AM GOING TO CALL SOCIAL SERVICES ON YOU AND TELL THEM YOU ARE MEAN TO MY KID
WE WERE HAPPY BEFORE WE MET YOU
I DONT NEED YOUR HELP. I CAN TAKE CARE OF MY OWN KID.
CAN YOU TAKE HER TO HER FRIEND's HOUSE?
I AM TRANSFERRING MONEY FROM OUR JOINT ACCOUNT BECAUSE SD needs xyz. I WILL PAY IT BACK.
I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANY MONEY FROM MY PAYCHECK THIS MONTH. THE KIDS NEED xyz.
STOP BUYING HER TREATS IF YOU DON'T WANT HER TO EAT THEM ALL.
DONT BUY TREATS FOR YOURSELF AND HIDE THEM, ITS SELFISH AND CRUEL
SHE JUST FORGOT
SHE GOT CONFUSED
SHE WASN'T LYING, SHE WAS JUST MISTAKEN
STOP PUTTING HER DOWN ALL THE TIME

*****feel free to add your own here********

oneoffour's picture

They have rules at their mother's house. I don't want them to think I haven't time to play with them.

What is wrong with eating dinner in front of the TV on a rug? I wash the rug every night and tomato sauce doesn't get on the carpet.

Sigh! I know SS2 doesn't flush the toilet. It is just the way he is.

SS1 has never given me any reason to doubt his word. He is 13 and can go play with his friends. He will let me know when he is coming home (When SS1 gets a phone call and leaves during dinner to play basketball)

If he says he isn't dealing drugs in school your dd and her friend are mistaken. He promised me he isn't.

And last week ... I have found a car for $4K for SS2. It is in better condition than his present car and more reliable (Despite the fact that the present car is damaged due to SS2s horrendous accident rate)

Answer to #1 - Did you grow up doing dishes every night? So what is the difference? Ooo! I know! We have a dish washer and your parents didn't! The boys would be doing the same amount of dishes if it is here and there as you did.

Answer to #2: Then lets get rid of the dining table set seeing it is surplus to our needs. And btw, SS2 is eating his spaghetti with his fingers again.

Answer to #3: If SS2 cannot flush the toilet I may leave blood stained sanitary items in the bathroom because that is just the way I am. Caprese?

Answer to #4: OK so SS1 can just leave the dinner table and go play with his friends until HE decides when he can come home? Who made him the boss? You are looking for trouble. And you do realise his friends are told when they have to be home, right?
(I lost this battle but won the war)

Answer to #5: Well if you want to believe your son when he is chronically late for everything and only goes to school with his BFF and has zero attendance for his first class every morning and is AWOL most weekends. Yeah, must be doing community work.

Answer to #6: No, no no. If he had an excellent driving history I would consider it. But no. And don't get all soppy because it is your fav make and model. He will slowy destroy it before Christmas.

I won most of the time. Why? Because DHS mother agrees with me always! And DH loves his mother... yeah sometimes I told her what to tell him. }:)

MissJulsie's picture

Surfchica why are you still in this relationship ???? The guy threatened to call social services !!!!!

Rags's picture

I have not heard anything like this from either my wife or the Skid. This is the kind of crap we have heard from the SpermClan (NCP) in our blended family adventure. And sadly.... from some of our friends.

1. You're too strict and hard on the kid!
a. Interspersed with “He is so well behaved, so smart, so good, so … insert positive comment here….
2. You have no children. You just don’t understand and you won’t ever understand until you have children of your own.
a. I may not have spawned but I am intelligent enough adult to know bullshit crappy kid behavior and abject parental failure when I see it.
3. You’re not his REAL dad he shouldn’t call you dad!
a. Just as love is not a noun it is a verb, love is action, being a Dad is not an act of biology it is an act of behavior. A REAL dad is obvious by his actions and behaviors. A SpermDonor is just as obvious. The tittle of Dad is earned every day with action, commitment, setting examples, mentoring, advocating, disciplining, and being a confidante for your child regardless of if you have participated biologically in that child’s existence or not. The honored title of Dad is earned it is not granted by the completely un-special process of one sperm winning the race to an egg which can be delivered by any idiot with a pecker and a sperm count. The same applies to being a REAL mother. It has little to do with biology and everything to do with action.
4. Etc……