You are here

HELP! Is this Inappropriate or what?

StellA158's picture

Is it appropriate for a father to ask his 10 year old daughter to show him her pubic hair?

Thumper's picture

For a dad...edit: NOPE NOT OK,  he should have all access to child removed. TPR asap but must pay max cs.

For a MOM...of course it is ok for her to see it. Give her more cs because she is mom of the year.

Taken from a true story. **

Sandybeaches's picture

It is not ok for either parent to ask to see it. Why on earth would her mother ask to see it? 

Rags's picture

Kids shower with parents in some families for several years.

No parent should ever ask to see a child's pubic hair.  Neither my bride nor I have seen our son's pubic hair.

We had a funny moment when we say his under arm hair though.  We were visiting my parents and SS came down the stairs shirtless though carrying his T-shirt and hoody.  I walked past the stairs as he was putting on his T-shirt.  He had a couple of notably bushy underarms.  I told him to "FREEZE" and not to move then called h is mom.  She walked over to us where SS was on the stairs with his head and arms in the T-shirt with his hairy pits exposed.  I pointed it out to his mom, she lost it. Sat on the bottom stair and started sobbing.  Her baby was growing up!

These things can be innocent and they can be inappropriate.  The difference is known when it is seen.

IMHO of course.

Rumplestiltskin's picture

Um, yes. Unless it is an emergency or a potentially serious medical issue, i give my kids, male and female, their privacy. I have done this since they were around third or fourth grade. Once puberty sets in it's super creepy to ask to view their parts out of curiosity. Jesus. 

Maxwell09's picture

If there hair down there, it's inappropriate. I'm all for Dads being in the loop with helping their daughters feel comfortable with period talk and boys but this scenario is predatory. 

Rumplestiltskin's picture

Yeah, it's one thing to buy pads and Midol, but to insist on seeing the goods? Ew. 

Sandybeaches's picture

of course it is inappropriate and I am also not a fan of people showering with their kids.  Seriously what is the point of that?  Water shortage??  Come on never necessary!!!!!!   Same point with bath rub and naked pictures of babies POINT PLEASE???????  I would be keeping a watchful eye on anyone that asked to see a Childs private parts!!!!  

What was the reasoning in asking to see it?  EXACTLY winterglow why do you have to ask?  I am thinking you might better be asking this person why they are doing it.   

Harry's picture

You know that beyond inappropriate.  It's actually sick.  This is a huge RED flag.  This person is sick 

StellA158's picture

So I'm having a hell of a time. So my Daughter's father and I have 50/50 custody. So she got dropped off by her father and she came directly to my room and she asked "mom is all sexual abuse physical?" I replied "No. Why?" Then I was told that while she was at her dad's. They were outside on the balcony when her father started talking to her about puberty and how her body is going to start changing. Telling her how she's going to start getting hair on her vagina. She then responded "Dad, Mom has already talked to me about this and my body has already started changing, and I've already got hair down there." He said "No you don't." She said "yes I do." He said "No you don't. " She replied "Dad yes I do." Then he said "show me." She said "No." But he TOLD her to show him! She said "no!" Then he Demanded that she show him. She told him that she didn't want to especially outside on the balcony where anyone could see. So he motioned her in side. So she walked into the apartment with him right behind her. He told her again to let him see. So she revealed her self to him. She said he got excited and giddy upon seeing that she did in fact have pubic hair. His excitement however was in such a manner that it made her even more uncomfortable. Then he demanded that she go show his wife. His wife also being uncomfortable, refused and said "No. I believe you. I don't need to see." Then he said cheerfully "well I guess we'll get you a razor." Then insisted that his wife and my daughter go in the bathroom and have "THE TALK" and insisted that my daughter show his wife. So they went in the bathroom and my daughter had to reveal herself again to her stepmother and have "the talk" again with her stepmother. I called the department of child and family services and made a report and also filed a police report with a detective. But then I got a call from the social worker and she said because there was no sexual intent that they were closing the case and that there was nothing she could do. WTF! Ever since she told me I have refused to let my daughter go back over to her dads. But now I don't know what the hell to do.

Sandybeaches's picture

Go with your instincts and the fact that your daughter is uncomfortable! Quite frankly I got sick to my stomach just reading it!! 

This case worker has a boss start there and back to the police! That case worker needs to find a new field what she said is absolutely not true!! We don't sit around and wait for it to turn psyicial!! If you don't get anywhere with the boss. Go to a therapist or counselor  they are mandated to report it. Find someone who specializes with children and abuse. 

I would keep her far away from her father and stepmother. There is something seriously wrong with both of them!!