You are here

Guilty feelings but want to keep my sanity!

ronim0927's picture

I have s23, d21, and s16. My older two are on their own and my s16 lives with me full time...sees his for dinner dates,etc. My SO's s16 lives with us full time, never sees his BM and get his s12 and d7 12 nights a month. My SO works rotating shifts every week and works 85% of the year on weekends with his rotating shifts. He has been telling me his s12 wants to live with us and of course the d7 chimes in too wanting to live with us. My SO and his ex constantly fought and the kids did as they pleased...the kids yell and argue with the BM all the time! They had little respect for anyone...following in their mother's footsteps. They are difficult to like, let alone love....I have experienced things around these kids that I would never in my wildest dreams could imagine a child acting or talking to me the way they do to me and their dad....their attitudes are just plain ugly and evil. My SO brought up tonight, in passing, about kids wanting to live here......my thoughts...we already have them half the time, I have two more years and my youngest will be going to college, and I literally do not want to have these kids on a full time basis. I have raised my kids and nearly 50 yrs old. I like my freedom that I have now. I am all for him spending his days with his kids, but I do not want the responsibility of raising them....It will literally break me. I know I should just come out and tell him how I feel, but he knows that they get under my skin at times, as they do him also...He said tonight, "did you hear my daughter?" I pretended like I did not know what he was talking about, he said "who she was talking to me?" I just looked at him and said "yeah I heard it". But he never does anything about it...as he puts it, doesn't want them getting mad at him or being the bad guy....Unreal! He is totally in love with me, as I am with him and plan on getting married in May...his s16 wants to call me Mom and I have no issues with him, mainly he has his life and is the same age as my son, its easier, but with two younger ones, I do not want to raise and I do not want to be made out as an uncaring person, just looking out for my self worth. I guess I should tell him exactly how I feel and let the pieces fall where they may........?

Dannee's picture

Yupe tell he what you feel..

If you too love eachother the way you say you do..
well then he should "hear" you just well..

How about some counceling for the family...
If taking them in becomes an option for you well then how about
seeking outside help to try to make the best of it...and to make it work..

Good luck..