You are here

First Timer and feeling Nervous~

xxMasonxx's picture

Hey Guys I just joined this lovely site because I was looking for advice and a few friendly ears to talk to,
as I prepare for one of the biggest changes in my life. I'll explain the situation,
and comments and suggestions would be much loved and appreciated.

- Justina Marie

---------------------------------------------------

I just turned 20 in October, and I met my fiance in December of 2010. His name is Daniel Mason, he is 38 and he has three little boys. Chris is 11, Jeremiah is 9, and Nathanial is 7. He was married for 9 years to the Ex, called acelyn and has been divorced for four years now. He plans on getting remarried to me next august. Now I'm meeting the kids for the first time in two weeks, at a birthday party. The ex will be there, along with the rest of his family. Both parents have been fighting bitterly this whole time, and she wants to relocate the kids to Nebraska in a few months. If she stays however he wants to sue for joint custody, and I'll be expected to play a bigger role then first anticipated. I'm really nervous over this whole issue, I mean as grown up as I try and portray myself I still only turned of age two years ago. I'm just wondering what kind of role I should realistically play, and how best to deal with the meeting of the ex for the first time? Would it even be worth trying to get attached at this point? or should i play a mellow dramatic role? Anyway, hope you guys understand. Because this is driving me nuts. My worst fear is that the kids will think that I'm a replacement and loath me for it. Or that Daniel will, and expect me to act accordingly.