You are here

Don’t know what to do anymore.

Idontknowanymore's picture

My 8 year old stepson new thing is to lie. Saying I hit him twice when once I walked by and the other time he was on the other side of the couch. He didn't get punished by his dad at all. Well, yesterday he lied saying I told him his daddy is bad. He is stuck on that I went into his room to tell him daddy is bad even though I was sitting on the couch the whole time. His father believes him even though if I would've went into the bedroom, I would've walked right past the bathroom.... where he was!! I don't know what to do anymore. This caused a massive fight in the house last night with me crying and getting told I'm traumitizing the kids because I was crying. What do I do?

Kes's picture

You don't have a problem with your step son, you have a massive partner problem.  If your partner doesn't believe what you tell him and there is no trust between you, the relationship seems unlikely to survive.  As for telling you your're "traumatising the kids" by crying - meh!  what is his problem?  

ESMOD's picture

Yep... absolutely.

Why on earth does your husband think you are going around doing these things?  If he was any kind of father.. and he truly believed the claims.. then he would certainly kick you out right?  I  mean.. you are allowing someone who is emotionally and physically abusing your child to remain in the home?  I call BS on that.

MissTexas's picture

remove yourself from the situation.

I believe if he will lie about these things, and your SO can't even see that you were nowhere near his son, then he will believe ANYTHING he says. Should there not be allegations, then as he grows, he will have learned, "I've got dad in my back pocket and he will believe anything I say." They will always be a team and as many on this page have experienced, these "kids" seldom make anything of themselves and fly the nest. He will likely be his daddy's roommate for life.

The only way this will end well is if you remove yourself from the situation. Your sanity cannot afford to stay, let alone your reputation once he accuses you of molestation, or whatever his 8 year old mind conjures up.

Harry's picture

When your DH believe an 8 yo over you,  you have no where to go from that.  Ifs only going to get worst with SS controlling your relationship.  

Rags's picture

Your SO is not worthy of you.  Boot he and his lying POS toxic crotch sputum to the curb and get on with your life.

His priority should be you and the relationship you share. You come first.  Particularly over a lying little shit.