You are here

DH Going away for 9 days and.....

confusedstepmom's picture

he thought that his 17 yr old, no boundaries, drinking son was going to stay with me. I told him he's going to stay with his mother while he is away. I do not want responsibility for him while my DH is away. I can't go because it would cost $700 to board my dogs for the time and I don't have that kind of money. My SS has stayed with his mother in the past if DH went away but all of a sudden, because he lives with us, he thought he was staying with me without even asking it was okay with me. His mother is 1 1/2 miles away from us.

I will feed him and his 12 yr. old brother, as I always have, but 17 yr old has to stay with him mother at night. I have no authority over him and he has no rules in this house and he has been skipping school here and there lately. I don't think it's my responsibility to take care of him, especially if his mother is so close. It was a horrible week last week with all of this. I'm mainly upset because DH makes decisions for me where his kids are concerned and I told him he is no longer allowed to make decisions for my life ever again.

steptwins's picture

I hear ya. DH is going for trng. 5 days & I told him: I will watch the dog, I will not drive SS to school. SS got wind of it & said: she's my SM & won't drive me to school? That makes no sense. I'd love to say: Hey skido you've not done one thing I've asked you ever & sassed me back instead. Last time I got you off to school I got to work shaking & upset after dealing with you. AND can't your BM take you??????? They have joint custody, she gets CS and she never takes them. NO WAY am I repeating their mistakes (doing want skids say) and work 9-5pm, and doggie duty. That's suicidal. But I telling ya all right now DH & BM will both critize me for not driving him to school. My reasons: I must spend that time walking the dog before I leave for work, take the bus like other kids. DH entitlement just can't be stalled for 1 week. Not my kid, not my problem DH.