You are here

24 yr old step daughter sleeps with 12 yr old step daughter

2Slipry's picture

:O I have been with my girlfriend since 04/2007. Over one year ago, my fiance's 24 yr old daughter was evicted from her apartment. This was at Christmas, 2009. My big heart said, "No one should be homeless at Christmas time." Well, since December 2009 this 24 year old has been sleeping in with her 12 yr old sister and in her bed. She camps out at the tv and changes channels with her toes. She will only take the trash to the garage, where I have to take it the next 10 steps to the curb for trash pick up. She sets the empty gallon milk jug on the trash lid in the kitchen, rather than opening the lid to toss it inside of the trash can. Big L for lazy. She makes $13.00 per hour and has a decent job, but acts more childish than the 12 year old. To me, this is sick for the 24 year old to sleep with the 12 yr old and in her bed. The mom...the woman that is supposed to be in love with me? Well...the 24 year old pays no rent...I pay all of the rent. The 24 year old traveled to NY at Christmas...went on a cruise after New Year's, 2011...now we are taking the 12 yr old to Busch Gardens in February...Guess What??? The mom asked the 24 year old to go with us. Mom says that we are a "family." This mother sides with the 24 yr old daughter in everything. How do I get her out?

RaeRae's picture

You gotta talk with your GF about this. Agree on an amount you should ask SD for rent, and hold her to it. If she doesn't pay, evict her (legally, through the court system). It could take a while, and it may hurt or destroy your relationship. But if GF would rather live without you than push her daughter to grow up, then maybe you would be better off.

MamaBecky's picture

I'm guessing your GF is one of those moms that declares "my kids come first". If that is the case she means it and always will. You have to decide if you agree with that or if you have a problem with it. If you have a problem with it then you will have to end this relationship as it is not going to change. If you do agree that parents should put there kids first then get comfortable in your current life because it is not going to change. Her child will be her child for life. No matter the age it will be her little girl. It sounds as if she has that mentality. As for her sleeping with her sibling...I wouldn't concern myself with that. My sisters are 10 and 11.5 years younger then me and when I was 20, 21 (they were 10 & 9-ish) and I went home I would often sleep with one of my sisters for lack of space. Of course I was just visiting and it was for a weekend. I can see how if your SD12 wasn't getting enough rest due to having to share a bed and was struggling in school because of it...then I can see an issue but otherwise I wouldn't worry to much about this one. Really you need to talk to your GF, decide what kind of parenting mentality she has, decide if you can live with it and then go from there. If she does feel that her older child is a problem then you need to come up with some household rules. Cleaning up after oneself and contributing to the household whether that be towards rent, utilities, groceries etc. You and GF need to be on the same page regarding this. If you cant be I'm sorry but your relationship is most likely not going to work. I'd get out now before you get in even deeper. Good luck!