You are here

11YRD SD pointing out all my faults to her dad !! UUGGGHHRRR!!

Nutwantstorun's picture

So the his baby daughter ..now my 11 yrd SD is pretty demanding and constanly want to do some activities. I agree to some everynow and then but She is so controlling that thing have to be done her way and a simple game can turn so complex its draining.

Last night My DH and the SD wanted some Jello.. I went ahead to make it for them ..until she came into the kitchen saying she wanted to stir it .. a five minute task was now turning to a 20 minute task..finally since they wanted it ready soon I placed the Jello in glass container and put them in the freezer for a tiny bit ..while doing so I spilled some of the jello onto to ice in the freezer ..no biggie. closed the fridge and lay down with DH. Out of nowhere comes SD and tell him " Dadddy..Monica spilled the jello in the freezer" I felt my stomach turn !! I got so upset so quick ..I then asked her ..well do you know why it happend? and she said that there was some ice that made it difficult for the glass to stand straight.. Her Dad then said that I should've have used a different container blah blah...I got up furious by now and emptied the glasses and uses a plastic container this time to store the damn jello. The SD then request I prepare Pancakes for breakast ..I said ..heck no... You Dad can do that for you. I will never prepare Jello in this house. I'm sorry but why does she enjoy calling out my mistakes ..normal human mistakes to her dad !! I told him that he better know how to re-act when she does this for I will not put up with him correcting me in front of her everytime she finds a fault. Now I have no desire to bake or do anything with her ..as I dont like her fault fiding attitude. rrgggg !

Aeron's picture

Wow, I wouldn't have even asked her if she knew why, I would have asked her, "So What?" And your dumb H - wow I would have ripped him a new one. You don't like the containers I used? Gee, Make It Yourself. Because I'm sure Mr. Perfect has never spilled anything in his whole life.

Wow I would definitely be disengaging from her and from him to if he feels the need to tell you how to do something better or different when she pulls that crap. That's ridiculous.

windee's picture

Hell ya! Disengaging big time! I remember dealing with this and how angry I felt! Lot's of luck to YOU on this. I hope things get better for you!

Nutwantstorun's picture

I talked to him about it and he said he wont react like that again in front of her , that she is going through a phase .since she is only 11. Can anyone tell me ..does it get better? I have only been with him for almost a year ..He has a 16 yr old daughter that has other issues. But the 11 yr SD is the most manipulating one.

imthewife's picture

WOW! I cannot get over the rudeness!

And I hate how the DHs seem to do this quick role reversal and talk down to us. This has also happened to me.

Do not disengage. Use this as an opportunity to scare the crap out of this kid and let her know that if she ever pulls anything like this again she will not be a happy camper.

Really...who does the freezer belong too? Little darling and her daddy? Hardly. I bet your DH and her couldn;t tell you half of what's in there, but how dare you spill in it?

This is why SDs get such a bad name!

hismineandours's picture

Yep, the jello would have went in the trash-unless I decided to eat it all myself. And I wouldnt have bothered to even say a word about it.

Nutwantstorun's picture

She is like a little drill sargent, For 11 she acts like a baby still. Everynight she tells her Dad , She wants to sleep in our bed and he has to tell her no. Everytime I go run an errand she demands a bring some candy ..of course I dont ..because it's a demand..and that s not how I work. I know DH finds it hard to hear that her baby girl is not all perfect but whatever..he had to get up early and do the pancakes for not acting right when he needed to !!! Sad

StealthModeFemme's picture

Knowing my attitude, after he complained about the glass container I would have spilled the jello down the drain. }:)

janeyc's picture

Oh they all do that, even to their bio parents, Daddy needs to tell her not to be a tattle tale though, this little madam needs to learn that she is a child and has no say in the running of the house, I would not do anything for this child is she speaks to you like that, if Daddy complains, then say Im sorry but I refuse to help her if she dos'nt treat me with respect, Daddys can be so soft, but she needs to learn her place and is'nt telling you what to do, at least he says no to her sometimes, there are people on here who have to put up with skids sleeping with them.

Always speak calmly when talking about a skid, otherwise you give him an excuse to get angry or walk away, look hurt and tell him how you feel, I have always found that this method has a much greater chance of working, my Sd6 is very strong minded and used to be like your Sd, it has'nt been easy, but I am the Alpha female in my home and it is'nt going to change. Ask him how he would feel if the situation was reversed and your child was acting like his is?