You are here

Why do they think they have a right to know everything?

Biostep7777's picture

Does anyone get super annoyed with BM's invasive questions? Like "is there a reason you are staying at an Airbnb and not a hotel?? Or "are you on any medication?" To DH? Lol!! I mean of course we would not answer these questions. It's absolutely none of her business but how do you not let the fact that she feels like she actually has rights over our family?  It drives me nuts! Like "you have absolutely NO RIGHT to ask such invasive questions go away" but she truly feels like she has a right to know everything about our lives. It's soooooo annoying!!! 

CastleJJ's picture

Our BM used to ask these types of questions. She used to ask about my work, ask about our living situations, ask why DH and I travel, ask why we do this instead of that, etc. It's none of her damn business, it's just her being nosey. 

Your response needs to be "These questions are invasive and have nothing to do with SS or coparenting. Please refrain from asking questions about my personal life in the future. If messages like this continue, they will be used for documentation purposes and will not be responded to." 

tog redux's picture

Because she is THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILDREN.  

BM here called DH's doctor and tried to get info. Thankfully HIPAA held up. 

Biostep7777's picture

Ours did too. Insane! I'm a BM I would literally be embarrassed asking my ex husband things like this. He would laugh at me actually. We get along great and he would still be "uhh what??" I would NEVER. That's so pathetic! Jealous much lady?? Lol 

Ispofacto's picture

The correct response is to ignore invasive questions but I think sarcasm would be so much more fun.

Twunt: "is there a reason you are staying at an Airbnb and not a hotel??"

DH: "we're hosting an orgy and the hotel has a policy against that."

Biostep7777's picture

Baaaaahahaha!! If she wasn't so nuts and actually try to act like it's true in court he would. My husband is a smart ass! He would have a ball with that! Lol 

Rags's picture

Why there is a condition where this can even happen is mind boggling to me.

Laugh in her face, tell her that it isn't any of her business, and tell her to F-off.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Worrying about why she feels she has the right to ask these questions is a waste of your time.  

Biostep7777's picture

I'm not worried I just can't believe she's actually that stupid. It's common sense that you do not ask personal questions to people. She's so invasive and has zero boundaries. DH completely ignored her. But, she seriously never gets the hint. 

Biostep7777's picture

That would just give her what she wants so she can write a 5 page essay on how she is "the mother" and has a right to know about anything and everything that has any sort of connection to HER kids. Lol!! 

Rags's picture

Ignore.

Then enjoy it as she strokes out.