You are here

She contacted DH’s insurance using his information.

Biostep7777's picture

I just realized I should be posting in here about HCBM. She is a diagnosed narcissistic. Her and DH's  therapist when they were divorcing said this so HCBM fired her. The family therapist said it....BM fired her too but anyway....

We just found out she is calling DH's health insurance company and getting information. She was on the policy when they were married but has not been on there for like 4-5 years. (Can't remember actual dates she was taken off) but she called and gave them DH's information (birth date and last 4 of social security number) and is asking information and talking tjnthdn about the kids coverage. He called them today and told them under no circumstances is she to have access to anything and the cease all communication with her. She is not supposed to have any access to his accounts.  The kids are on his policy too so in her narcissist mind, she feels she is entitied to have access to anything that she wants because they are "her children" Crazy!!! Not sure where to go with this but now we are freaking out because what else could she be accessing!???  He told her she is not to have access to his (and my) health insurance policy and to cease all contact. They now have notes to not give her any information and we have a password. This is insane. People who do not have narcissist exes have no clue what kind of shit you have to go through on a regular basis. It's every.single.day. 

TheEvilStepmomStrikesBack's picture

That's crazy! Who can remember the last 4 of someone's social that they haven't had to use in 4-5+ years?????? 

that's a BM for ya though. I remember once BM racked up charges for other son (not DH's) at the dr that she chose for them and actually expected DH to pay it so that SS could be seen. Crazy!!! 

simifan's picture

"Raises hand"

When given that information in a relationship - I always made sure I kept it Just in case. Too many horror stories. I still have ex-husbands memorized. 

Dogmom1321's picture

Been there, dealt with that. A couple of years ago, SD was going to a counselor. She is on DH's insurance, so all claims need to be filed through that. She CHANGED the info at the counselor's office and started having bills sent to HER house. Out of the blue, the DH would call to make a new appointment, and they told him because of the large outstanding balance, they could not make anymore appointments.

When DH confronted BM about the change of information, she said "Well it's your credit, not mine. I guess you should have come picked up your mail." WTF. She also somehow gained access to DHs insurance policy and made him the "responsible party" for the bills all while withholding bills at her address. 

She FLIPPED out when she saw I was added to his policy after we got married. She said she needed DH to provide ANOTHER copy of their divorce decree, because it wasn't fair "he moved on, but she hasn't yet." I am guessing she changed all medical info and withheld the bills after she saw this out of spite. They had also been divorced for 4 years. What a psycho. 

Biostep7777's picture

She puts herself as the responsible party and has all the bills go to her. She pays then has DH reimburse heed then complains about it. He has told her thousands of times he will pay himself. I think he needs to call the kids dentist, doctor ect.. and have himself as the responsible party as the policy holder. She's completely out of control! 

tog redux's picture

BM called DH's doctors and tried to get information - said she was his wife (she was, but they had been separated for 2 years and were in the middle of the divorce.).  He was having a major surgery and I guess she couldn't stand not to know the details.

Thankfully they followed HIPAA and called to see if he was okay with her having information.

tog redux's picture

They feel entitled and as if they own their spouses and children. Even the ex-spouse.

I wonder if what your BM did is illegal in any way?