You are here

Psychological Christmas

lovetoboard08's picture

Husband's ex completely flipped out when she found out grandparents had purchased something on her list to give their son. I don't know why I continue to try and understand the borderline (personality disorder) behavior. She screamed and yelled at my husband and he is apparently guilty of "ruining" her Christmas. Wait- I thought Christmas was about the kids...about giving...not how we feel when we give gifts. The greatest gift she could ever give her son is to actually want to spend time with him, and not leave the parenting up to my husband and I. As a step parent, you see it, live it, and get no credit for trying to make things better. Ugh! Thanks for letting me vent.

Most Evil's picture

I am guessing you have full custody? Who are your skids, how old, etc. I will look too, to see any other posts. but meanwhile, hang in there, you are not alone any more!!!! Smile

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin

toughestjobever's picture

my fiancee has custody of his bs, his bm took off for 6 years to party. she only has visitation eow and 1 wk in the summer. while i raise her son (have been for the past 5 years), she has come back into his life-and she can do no wrong. he defends her to no end, all while she lies and breaks promises to him. i do all the dirty work, while she gets to let him break all the rules eow. i feel like i will never measure up, no matter what i do. i definitely hear you and wish there was something i could say to help. i love this child and consider him my own, i support him emotionally and financially, as do my parents.... yet, i cant help feeling like i am nothing.

lovetoboard08's picture

Okay, wow! I feel like I could have written your reply. Sooooo understand how you feel. It doesn't matter what we do, the kids will always be loyal to their mom. My stepson's BM did the same thing two years ago...had a mental breakdown, lost her job, spent two years partying and spending the divorce settlement, etc. I guess we can't try and measure up...we know the truth. Hang in there as well, good to know someone out there feels the same way!

mizmel's picture

its so true about the SD's and their BM. my fiances kids think their mom hung the moon. it sickens me to no end . this woman was awful, she cheated numerous times on my fiance, got a DUI, they found a crack pipe in her purse of all things. got hooked on meth for a year or so, drained both the girls savings accounts of 5000 bux apiece and the list goes on and on... but still, ive tried bein good to those girls, but its not appreciated , so i do kinda understand where your coming from with that.