You are here

My Christmas dealing with the BM

aug2010's picture

My DH for my christmas present flew in my brother from out of state. This was supposed to be my christmas with my family since I spent thanksgiving with my DH's family. We arrive christmas day at my mothers house at 2:45 to have dinner at 3:30. 3:15 the BM texts my DH saying "your son is waiting for you". So we leave (without eating by the way) get to BM's house by 4ish and the moment my DH walked in the door she's yelling at him saying their son has been waiting for him since 2:00. Now my DH has been texting her since the day before christmas eve trying to find out when we could get my SS. She claims she never got them. He proceeded to show the texts to his son to prove he wasn't ignoring him and was trying to contact her. Enough is enough, he called her a bitch for trying to make him look like a worthless father and that he's done and he's going to take her to court. I, who is not invited in the BM's house b/c she is still upset we got married, has had enough. Today I called to leave my information with an attorney so we can have a visitation agreement drawn up. Her word is obviously worthless unless its only to benefit her. And I'm tired of seeing my SS have such horrible holidays when he should be enjoying them. I only got to see my brother, my christmas present from my DH for a total of 5 hours because of her. HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED. I AM TIRED OF HER CHILDISH SELFISH NONSENSE AND WILL HAVE A VISITATION AGREEMENT CREATED ONCE I RECEIVE MY TAX RETURN. IF SHE DOESN'T COMPLY WITH THE ARRANGEMENT PROVIDED BY THE COURTS SHE WILL BE HELD IN CONTEMPT.

swstepmom's picture

I can only imagine how furious I would be! The nerve of her.....I put a stop to my husbands ex even calling him because every time I turned around she was calling his cell phone to talk about "their son" well during my pregnancy things got worse with this so I told her off and all calls go through me...I know this sounds crazy but it actually helped mine and my ss bm's relationship so much. The one thing I would get so mad about was her yelling at him....she lost that right when they split up period. If she doesnt' like something thats going on it should go through the both of us and the same goes for you and yours. You and your husband should be as one regardless of what the crazy ex likes. I really hope that you guys get this all straight. My only advice to you is to talk to your husband and explain how you feel....then together you guys can talk with the bm because no matter what she will be in the pic....believe me I had the same problem but things have cleared up really nicely now. Smile

Steppin_OnUp's picture

"so I told her off and all calls go through me...I know this sounds crazy"

Yes, it does. I'm a stepmom, and the BM we deal with is absolutely insane, but it is not my place or yours to demand that BM not speak to DH. The courts would frown on that big time, and they would be right to do so. It's controlling and overstepping your bounds. And dude, really, I don't even deal with a stepmom. My daughters' father died this year, and was never in another relationship after we divorced, so there's no BM bitterness here. You may want to rethink your position on this.

Ssamantha's picture

Why didn't you just stay at your family's house while he went to pick up his son so you could spend more time with your brother?

Even with a court-ordered visitation agreement, our crazy BM doesn't abide by it half the time.