You are here

"Disabled" but BM Still Got Her Masters Degree (Selectively Mentally Ill)

JudySL's picture

His X claims that she can't work, needs alimony and more CS for DS (16). Meanwhile, she spent the past few years going to University and getting a Masters in History. My husband and I got married a few years ago. At the time she was calling him to get prescriptions for Valium (I put a stop to that!) and she uses her "anxiety" as constant excuses for not being consistent with disciplining her 16 year old, for why the eldest (23) needs money from my husband, etc.

Anyone else have experience with people who manipulate and use mental illness as a means to their end?

JudySL's picture

Actually, DH's lawyer asked her to prove disability since she does not collect SSI. She is gonna be hard-pressed to do so. She also claims physical issues (bad back, etc.) but when it comes to doing things for herself - going out with bf, etc., she has miraculous recoveries.

silver ring's picture

Yeah...it is possible some people who have mental illnesses to use them as an excuse for not being held accountable for their actions. In the meantime, they do whatever the heck they want. Life is sad.