You are here

BM making double what DH makes but ALWAYS asking for more money

tradingplaces's picture

I-m so happy This drives me crazy. Of course, he doesn't do it, and ignores her. But seriously, it never ends. This woman makes a great living and lives with family. Why the constant obsession with nickel and diming DH and asking for money constantly?

TASHA1983's picture

You think that was bad?

My BF and BM live 15 minutes apart. BF's truck broke down and he had no way to p/u skid so we texted her and let her know the situation and told her if skid wanted to come on his visits she would have to pick up and drop off. Her reply? She can't because she can't afford the gas!!! REALLY???? You get 920.00 a month for ONE kid that you had together and you live 15 minutes away!!!!
She also has 5 kids from 4 different men and is a single mother legally (unmarried) so guess who makes a living off of us taxpayers and the baby daddies that do pay support???GREEDY MUCH??!! I guess spreading your legs and laying on your back IS a good way to make a living!!! :sick:

BM's like ours make the good ones like us look bad...VERY BAD!!!

Still Have Hope's picture

When skids clothes got ratty or too small, DH would call BM and remind her that he was paying cs so his kids would have clothes and if she couldn't manage to dress them decently maybe he needed to be custodial parent. Next weekend visit the skids would always have new properly fitting clothes.

TASHA1983's picture

Yup 920.00 a month for one kid. Must be nice to be BM!!! Living off of her kids CS and the Govt. WINNING!!! :sick:

Well as long as BM and all of her crotch droppings are living the good life via the rest of us hard working American's thats all that matters... :sick:
I can't fucking wait for the day she no longer gets to live off of my mans hard earned money and we can finally have the life we deserve to have!!! Not soon enough Sad

TASHA1983's picture

Needless to say that bitch hasn't asked or even mentioned anything regarding needing/wanting/looking for more money for this or that for skid for a long time now.

I am the one in charge of the phone that BM texts to sooo I make sure she gets shut right down REAL QUICK!I have told BF a few times "that is what you pay CS for", you are not obligated or expected to pay anything more than the CO states. And you bet your ass he DOESN'T & WON'T!!! }:)

silver ring's picture

My son's biological mother tried to do this in the beginning...get money from my husband. But it did not work. She asked my husband to keep the child just for 2 weeks, but it ended me to be 4 years since then. The child is 6 years old now and she does not have any intentions to take him back. Just play the mommy role from time to time when it is convenient for her. But I don't but this crap. Neither does my husband.
It just blows my mind how stupid she could be.

SMIllinois's picture

We started paying child support through the court and anytime she asks for more we ask here to produce a reciept and we will reimbuse her for half the cost. That's what is written in the court papers. We don't hear from her much anymore. She tried yelling about it a few times. But after telling her to take him to court if she was that unhappy about it and hanging up on her it has stopped.
Setting up boundries for conversation and not falling into her arguments has helped our relationship and theirs.

TASHA1983's picture

Exactly! When BM pulls that crap she gets shut down real quick. That is what CS is for is the reply she gets. Budget your money better or God forbid stop living like you're a fucking Rockafella otherwise too fucking bad for you and skid!!! }:)

Biomomof2's picture

Okay. I've been a stepmom to two different kids ( my ex and my SO) and I have my own children. This is where so many problems come up. Money is a BIG issue.
But NO. This is not what child support is for. Child support is basic care. Shelter, heat, food, clothes, and water. It is not for sports, field trips, medical bills, dentist or the thousand extra things that could be added to the list. Having custody of children is expensive. Child support will never cover half of anything. But the fact is dad doesn't have to pay for extras unless it is court ordered. Mom is free to take him back to court and get it ordered that dad pays for half of all.
Here is where as a bio mom I get frustrated. Back to school shopping costs about $900 for 2 kids. My child support is $1481. So for that time period I guess they don't need to eat?? But I ask bd if he wants to help, and I get that is what child support is for. Whatever. Go talk to DCSS and figure out it is not.

TASHA1983's picture

I get 400.00 a month (CO to pay 574.16 a month,long story) from my son's father. I use every penny of it to pay for my son's private school tuition. I do not ask or expect or go after anything more than what I get from him and I pay for everything else for my son and myself on one income. I make 30k a year before taxes.
I do not mean to offend you or downplay what you said in your post but I know first hand that it CAN be done. I only have one child but still it can be done if a parent budgets etc. I know an old friend of mine who made alot less than me and lived on her own with her daughter and she paid for everything with no CS and they get by just fine. I don't know how she does it, it amazes me but she does it.
My BF pays for half medical/dental expenses plus $920.00 a month for his one kid with BM and I personally feel that is WAY MORE than enough for one kid. That kid has name brand everything, flat screen tv, new video games, etc and BM has a new car every 1-2 years, hair done, nails, tanning, etc. and she only gets a small amount of CS for her other kids and no CS for her newest kid BUT she does mooch off the Govt of course so I mean apparently she is doing quite well...

I respectfully disagree. NCP CS guidelines these days are ridiculous and more often than not we read about BM's who live like a freakin' Rockafella while our SO's and us struggle etc. to support a greedy BM. Just sucks for us all... Sad

Biomomof2's picture

I completely understand what you are saying. It can be done. Sure, but it took two to make the children, two should take care of them. I know I pay more for my 3 bedroom than their bd pays for his tiny apartment. It all addeds up, now, I have asked him if he wants to help... And let the issue go. But I was chewed out for 10 mins because that is what child support is for. I told him what I had gotten, and what was left ( backpacks, underwear, socks, and notebooks) asked him if he wanted to take them to get the stuff. I was offering more than what he saw. I was offering to have him help our children get ready for school. I was offering him the experience. And all I got bac was that is what child support is for. Setes the parents get so wrapped up in the battle they forget the kids. Mom can't afford soccer for whatever reason, dad won't pay for it.... It is the CHILD that loses

TASHA1983's picture

I agree that it is the child that loses out and that is a shame but every child needs to realize and be taught that sometimes parents can't afford it (CP & NCP alike) and also disappointment is a shitty/unfair but realistic part of life.

In our case BM is just a greedy, gold digging whore that pretty much seems to have kids to fund her lifestyle. How often do you see/hear of a single mother of 5 kids having a new car every 1-2 years, hair, nails, tanning, name brand almost everything, etc? Not often right? So in our case I feel and believe that my BF is LEGIT for telling BM too bad that is what I pay CS for. She gets 920.00 a month for the one kid she has with BF! Her 3 oldest can/could get jobs to help out around the house. She is just greedy and expects the Govt and BD's to pay for HER to live as well as her kids. That is NOT right nor should that be reality! You are right, it does take two. And BM should also do her part and if she can't because she is a lazy, greedy POS that is on her not BF. If skid suffers at least we know whose fault it is, BM not BF. IMHO.

I do not feel/believe that my BF should continue to live like a pauper and us suffer financially while his kid has a damn flat screen tv, new video games, name brand clothes etc. and BM claims she needs/wants more financial support for skid. It is called budgeting and stop trying to live like a Rockafella...just like the rest of us BM have to do. Smile

Biomomof2's picture

It is AMAZING to me that BM's are that way!!!! I have TWO pairs of jeans, but my kids are stocked!!! I agree with u in your situation!!! I have the exact opposite problem, bd is $7800 in arrears by the kids (7 &9) and himself iPads but can't afford cs or clothes for the kids and wants me to send my clothes for them!!!
I am a little jaded so I'm sorry if it seems like I jumped on you. I am personally sick of the cs bs!!!! Sorry not going to pay CS but going to buy a new truck!!!!my SO covers what I can't for my kids, because I can't even count on a certain amount every month!!!
$920 a month for one?? Crazy, the only extras dad should pay for it medical and what he wants to sign kid up for.
Now, I don't know all of your situation but... Here is an example of how things get twisted. BD is in arrears, SO has been covering what I can't. I get BD's tax return and bought SOa BBQ grill. BD gets all pissy that CS is for the kids!!! My response?? Yeh but when it is a year late, what they needed a year ago is covered, and who do u think helped with that?? Yep, my SO. Bd has told all his friends I spend all the CS on my SO. CPS came by because BD said I am not providing for them. CPS took pictures of my kids rooms and told me they are happy to see how spoiled my kids are. Now, when BD tried in court to say I don't use CS right, I supeanaed CPS and the pictures. BD looked like a joke.

TASHA1983's picture

I know right, sooo many BM are like that these days more than not so it seems. Being greedy and selfish seems to be the norm. Kids are just a pain in the ass to them but the only "perk" is that they get you cash and free stuff. That is how alot of BM seem to be nowadays.
Myself on the other hand I am CO to receive 574.16 a month from my son's BD. However, I have dealt with so much crap with my X re: CS that I just said look I want to send our son to private school, the public school system where I live is awful and I don't want my son seeing that or being around it and God forbid turning out like any of them! So I basically made a deal with him that if he can make sure he pays me every month that I would be fine with accepting 400.00 a month just so that my son can go to a good, quality school. So far so good. I get the payments and my son is able to go to private school. Do I want/deserve that extra 174.16 for my son? Yes I sure do...BUT...I am more than willing to work something out and accept less if that means that my X will pay every month! My son and his education come first to me and I will do whatever I have to do to ensure that he gets what he needs and what I feel is best for him as his mother. And this works for me, my X, and our son.

I can't believe what an asshole your X is! You know I believe alot of men don't and won't pay CS because they don't see it as helping/supporting their kid(s) they see it as giving money to their X who most of the time they don't like and even hate! I can understand that wholeheartedly! Because there are sooo many women who bleed a man dry just so THEY can benefit from the man's money and then the kids needs aren't met. I don't agree with a man not paying CS BUT I can understand a mans frustration and not wanting to. I believe our "Justice" system is sooo flawed and because there are sooo many deadbeats, the GOOD dads get fucked over and get treated unfairly and the CS guidelines are sooo ridiculous and unfair to the NCP most times. I see it all the time with my BF. He is a hard working man and he would never let his kid go without but the court system gouges him IMHO because of his hard work and BM is the one that is laughing all the way to the bank. All the while BF struggles and goes without a new vehicle he really needs and doesnt even have a place of his own and he is 40!

I am sorry that your situation is what it is. It is an altogether shitty mess this whole CS system.... Sad

hippiegirl's picture

Oh TASHA.....your DH's ex sounds like my DH's ex. Fat, ugly, worthless baby machines! I HATE that my man ever met her! That cow sat on her ass for years and collected c.s. from 2 different men. Never worked. Must be fvcking nice, eh? Thanks God my man does not have to pay her anymore! I wonder if she had to go out and get a job like everyone else? Stupid effing b!tch.

TASHA1983's picture

I know right...it is maddening and sickening for real! My BF's turd is 11 so we have a ways to go yet but if he is anything like his waste of skin mother CS will end when he is 18. Here's hoping! I can't wait for the day that bitch actually has to make it on her own without her hard-working BD's and us taxpayers paying for her lifestyle and her appearance. :sick: