You are here

BM Always Searching for Sympathy

PlanetaryBoogie's picture

Ahhhh! So glad I found this site. I just have to get this one out of my system - I have two fantastic stepkids and a wonderful DH who is wildly obsessed with his children. She cheated on him, left him, and as soon as he started dating, wanted him back. We've been together for about 3 years now, and for the most part things move along just fine.

However - I go out of my mind bananas when her facebook cover photo reads "SINGLE WORKING MOM." Ahhhh! You are not! You are not! You are not! You literally only have the kids HALF of the time and we PAY you $1200 a month! You also only work 20 hours a week!!!

:jawdrop:

And then everybody comments on her page about how wonderful she is, and how she works so hard and is such a great mom, and boy, it isn't easy to be her. etc etc. Meanwhile, my DH works insane hours (12 hour days, in the office at 6AM in the winter, etc) so that he can be available to pick up/drop off kids at school during the week, and she works 3 days a week at a shop that's only open from 10-6. Blows my mind.

((takes a deep breath, and hopes for the best)). Keep smiling, everyone. Smile

hereiam's picture

You are going to have to let that go, it will never get better. They need the attention, the sympathy, the pats on the back, whatever.

I think BM actually believes the crap she spews.

WTF...REALLY's picture

The best thing you can do is to not look at her page. Block it so you are not tempted. It will do you no good.

And welcome to Step Talk

Amber Miller's picture

OMG my ex husband does this. So far this year, he has seen our boys 2 times! I left him in 2004. He didn't see our boys for 2 years; didn't call on holidays or bdays, nothing). He sees them on average 4 times a year, no EOW and no overnights. I have 100% legal/physical and he was granted no regular visitation. The CO states: visitation on agreement. The judge was upset because he didn't show up for mediation or court to establish visitation. He didn't even call stating he couldn't make it. I think he thought if he gave up custody and had no visitation that he wouldn't have to pay support. Only twice have the boys stayed at his place for a week a few years ago; BIL and SIL took care of them while he partied, went to rock concerts and had his girlfriend in his room. Anyways, my DH and I would like some time alone and we are having trouble with DS16 and his attitude problem; we need a break! I finally reached out to my ex for support. For the first time since 2004 he's willing to help and offered to have the kids for a couple weeks starting this weekend; perfect! I was excited!
He lives at his sisters and I am still good friends with SIL and BIL. They help take care of the kids when they are there. We want to get away but now exH says he had to take care of stuff and clear his schedule (currently has no job) in order to be able to take care of the boys so they can't go yet. BIL called last night all excited as the boys will be coming soon however, he and my SIL are going away this weekend for a short get-away (that's why exH isn't taking the kids. Funny how the truth comes out). This infuriates my DH and I. When do we get a break? NEVER! When do we get time to clear our schedule? NEVER! My SIL and BIL do most of the caregiving when the boys go there. Last time the boys were there was 2 years ago! My BIL called me last night. The family is looking forward to having the boys and helping to straighten out DS16! My BIL is a hardworking tough-ass and I love him like a brother! He's helped me in the past with my kids and behavior issues. He's there for us more than my ex which leads me to the purpose of this post......
My exH always plasters old pictures of our boys all over facebook and talks lies and nonsense about all sorts of crap relating to the kids. He's seen them twice this year for 4 hours per visit! He talks about being a working single dad, WTF????????
Yes, he's single. No, he doesn't work regularly ($6700 on arrears; only ordered to pay $450 a month for 3 kids!). Ok, he is technically a dad, I get that but he creates this false world that just doesn't exist and all these so called "friends" on facebook eat it up! They tell him what a great job he's doing, how hard he has it (lives for free with SIL and BIL). One several years ago on Father's Day when he didn't see the kids and hadn't for a long time, he posted "dads coming for you boys!" Well, here we are at least 4 years later; uh...when was it that you said you were coming? It was soon after that that he started posting all sorts of nonsense and using old pictures to make it look like he's actively engaged in the kids lives. It is frustrating and I can relate. I am not on facebook. I only saw this stuff because my family tells me about it as they are shocked too.
It looks like he is going to at least try and make am effort to have them soon. I really hope he means it. On second thought, my SIL and BIL want the kids and they will care for them. The ex wouldn't know how to even begin to handle 3 teenagers but you wouldn't know that by reading his Facebook. According to Facebook he is FOTY!

kathc's picture

Join the club.

BM didn't work for a couple of years, just sat on her ever expanding ass collecting CS and government handouts but her FB proclaimed that it's "so hard to be a single mother and do everything alone!" Sure, bitch. You dump your brat on us for "extra visitation" every time there's a new guy you want to spread your legs for and you bitch all the time that everything we do (beyond CS) isn't enough because you're struggling. How about getting a damn job?

Andie91801's picture

Lol...It wil get worst

It will get worst when BM gets divorced again. And if she's a manipulative, pathological liar type and you better not having anything to do with SKs at all...stay as far from them as you can....30 n 1/2 foot pole is not far enough...Let the BF/DH deals with them because you will get blame no matter what you do. It happened to me and even I stay away and still get blame. While BM was married and had lots of money everything was perfect but after her 2 husband dumped her, BM n SD blame us for their miserable life...and of course money...blew away more than 1/2 mil over 3 short year...go figure