You are here

Tired

WickedStepmother_'s picture
Forums: 

I'm so tired of putting his kids before everything else. I'm just going to sit here in our room for the rest of the night. I'm just tired of not feeling heard when they're here. 

Rags's picture

I am sorry you are having to suffer your partners inept parenting record and ill behaved failed family progeny.

Grab the wine, tune up Netflix (or your preferred streaming service), slap on the sea weed facial mask, and relax.  Noise canceling headphones are great for having some quiet privacy while you watch a movie or listen to music while reading a good book.

A small compressed air horn from Home Depot is also a great tool for getting your opinion heard.  Everyone shuts the hell up when they are blasted with the air horn.  Even ill behaved kids and idiot spouses.

Take care of you.

SteppedOut's picture

I think you should take the time you are spending alone deciding if this is how you wanr to spend the rest of your life....

Savaleen's picture

This weekend I did the same. I was tired of ungrateful kids and a husband who doesnt consider me. I decided to choose me and i I think as step parents - we get a bad rap for it. Definitely choose you and then ask yourself is this what you want in the future. I am in my room again without the kids - and honestly, I am contemplating the same. 

WickedStepmother_'s picture

I ended up stepping up and helping after he dropped the oldest of at a sleepover. More often than not she's the major issue that I have to deal with. She's a mini version of her mom and we don't get along sometimes. Her mom basically has her brainwashed. The youngest had most the the weekend alone to get a little rest before she had to jump back into the chaos at their moms. 

tfsimmons's picture

But if you don't listen to these seasoned cast iron skillet stepmonsters who are trying to help you - then don't be here just to repeat the drama headed your way.  The sooner you grow a pair the better your life will be.  Listen to Rags and those with a longtime presence - most have disengaged to save themselves first and then their marriage.  

IOA's picture

I feel similarly every time my partner's kids are here... They're brats, they've never been held accountable for anything, they are disrespectful, loud, selfish... and I suffer big time. I'd like to disengage, but I don't know if I can... I mean, how do you really do it? I know my comment isn't any help and I'm not giving you any advice, sorry; I just wanted to share the pain and let you know that you're not alone. Why is this so difficult, uh?

0o00o000o00o0's picture

I feel your pain. Start your disengagement process by giving up control on everything that doesn't directly affect you. Skids don't do their homework? Don't take their shower? Don't get enough sleep? Don't clean up their room? Not your problem, therefore ignore,