You are here

SS Overstaying His Welcome

inlovewithmichaeldes's picture
Forums: 

It's now after 9 pm on Sunday, my SS was supposed to go home around 4 pm. We have him every other week and Sunday at 4 pm is the "switch time". He is still here because he is watching the superbowl with DH. To make matters worse, his 2 older sisters SD 18 and SD 16 (who chose not to live here) are here too! I can't wait until they all leave! I go downstairs periodically mainly to grab some laundry but also because I don't want to appear too rude. I am only making some effort for my DH not for the SKIDS. 

They are loud, socially awkward and " just off". I know they judge me because their mom despises me. She is hyperreligious and is still angry at my DH for ending the marriage due to years of emotional abuse in the name of religion. I don't have anything against religion. I just hate when religion is used to judge and hate others. She home schooled her daughters and segregated them from the real world (against my DH wishes but she beat him down in the marriage) so all 4 of his kids have very poor social skills and are all "off".

Can't wait until the superbowl is done!!! Don't care who wins! TIME TO GO HOME SKIDS! I did my week now good riddens!!

Physics guy's picture

I think, maybe this time, you can give special dispensation to DH and SS.  As stupid as it sounds, Super Bowl is a bonding time between dad and son.  I know that I would enjoy that with my father.  It's one night a year.  I know it's tough to wnat skids gone, but some quality father/son time is good for the SS.  This is just my opinion looking at it from a male perspective.