You are here

Need to survive in my own home

FedupiniowGiveup2016's picture
Forums: 

I've been a sm for 7 years the youngest youngest sd since she was 2. I looked  them in as my own and that's the attitude I had.  Well that went down hill very fast. BM made sure I wasn't and told kids that I was nothing to them and it was only about her and their dad. Fast forward to today I gave up in every way. I get along with sd 14 quiet well but not the youngest.  She will stair at me and if I say anything will try to bypass me when dad comes around and the moment I don't see she's their or following him around like a lost puppy. If she can she will hang on him. I put a stop to it year's before I don't feel a child she have to be on a parents side every minute.  Alot has happened in the past few months with his ex saying some bs and so on. Just to much to write. But I see now sd 9 has gone back to old behaviors. I can't take it. I wont and are withdrawing from my own life here at home. In the past I've told my husband how I feel and he agreed but it seems when I'm home we both agree???  but he must be acting a different way when I'm not around. I feel awful having feelings the way I do but it it what it is. What do I do if I had more money I would keep my self very busy outside the home. That's just not a option at this time. I've tried staying in my room then he gets mad. My kids are older but still dont feel that's fair to my 17yo. I've even talked about living seperate.  Obviously his daughter doesn't want me or my kids involved  and at this point neither do I. I want to do the right thing but what it that. If I get more time then maybe later I can sit and write out the whole story or blog it?

Thanks for any help

Tryingtosurvivemom

Harry's picture

You are the queen of your home, let SD know it.  Tell DH to get in line , and act as your husband,  you control the home. What you say goes. It SD doesn't like it back to BM she goes,

don't do anything for SD.  DH will cook for her, clean up. And you will never be alone with her.  He either takes her or mskes other arrangements for her. 
Time for war 

katrii's picture

As brutal as your post sounds (it does sound brutal) it has made me feel really good about my own, very similar situation... Thank you so much. I feel this way a lot but always feel alone... But no, fuck this. I am the Queen and this is my Castle! Im her provider for fucks sake! Time for war indeed. Thanks again for your insight

SMoftheyr-lol's picture

Just like Harry says.. Take back your home. Try to get in line with your husband first if you can (will be easier for you) if not, you will have a longer road but you will be able to do it... don't do a god damn thing for the little POS. If she leaves something on the floor, doesnt put a dish away, need to clean her room etc. ask her to do it or ask your husband to tell her to do it. Don't do anytiiing for her.. 

also do not, I repeat do not stop down to her level ever, it will be hard b/c she will push you to the limit.. but reframe. It won't get you anywhere. 

SMoftheyr-lol's picture

Just like Harry says.. Take back your home. Try to get in line with your husband first if you can (will be easier for you) if not, you will have a longer road but you will be able to do it... don't do a god damn thing for the little POS. If she leaves something on the floor, doesnt put a dish away, need to clean her room etc. ask her to do it or ask your husband to tell her to do it. Don't do anytiiing for her.. 

also do not, I repeat do not stop down to her level ever, it will be hard b/c she will push you to the limit.. but reframe. It won't get you anywhere. 

Phoebe333's picture

What is the custody agreement? Not sure if hiding in your room is the best option. Do you and let dh handle sd. 

Rags's picture

Your home, your rules, SD complies with those rules or SD suffers escalating age appropriate consequences until she chooses to comply.

It is a defiant Skid who should be the one to figure out how to survive in the home that their bio parent shares with a SParent.  

Kids have only a binary choice.  They chose between compliance and consequences ces for choosing not to comply.

Keep it simple.

Siemprematahari's picture

I'd be damned if I had anyone in MY home make me feel like I needed to "survive" in it. There is only one Queen and that is you, so start acting like it. SD doesn't get to run your home and make you feel like you have to hide out in your room with a H who doesn't support and put his foot down. No way in h@ll!

So you either take your home back and get out of that victim I need to survive mentality and let your H and SD it's your home and you won't allow disrespect on any level. 

Get your life OP and never for one moment let SD think she has power. 

It would be a cold day in h@ll and she'd know it if I were her SM.