You are here

Lost Phone

Cover1W's picture
Forums: 

So yesterday I get a text from BM (also sent to DH) that SD12 left her flip cell phone somewhere the prior day and that it would be at location x until yesterday then at location y afterwards.  And would it be possible to pick it up (yesterday).  No please, no thanks, just a directive.

I did not answer.

DH texts me hours later (the pickup location is on my commute but I know the lost and found is NOT at that location and they don't hold lost things at all) asking, "Did you get the text?"

Um, yes, and?

Like neither one of them has a concept of ASKING people nicely to help.  After some back and forth with DH I did stop and check even though I knew the answer was no phone there.

I didn't bother texting BM and I'm certainly not going to go to the other location. 

I reminded DH that I don't take directives and if BM cannot ask nicely then I don't answer.  And he wonders where SD14 gets it from?

Major Blunder's picture

Please and thank you should be corner stones of everyone's vocabulary, politeness and manners seem to be going out of style, it's rather horrifying.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

You're nicer than I am because I would not have stopped. Not my circus; not my monkey. Diablo

Cover1W's picture

yeah, the problem was I had to stop there anyway.  If I had to wait at all for the attendent I wouldn't have.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Like I said, you're nicer than I am.

• I have BioHo's phone number so I know to NEVER respond to her. LOL!
  • When the SDs text/call, I never respond until the next day.
  • I would have ignored DH's text until I'd already stopped, then said, "Oh, it's too bad I didn't see that!"

Yeah. Evil Aniki.

Thumper's picture

Your lucky your dh AND you were not accused of stealing the cell.

True story...funny thing is we never saw a cell nor did we ever allow minors to have cells in our house. OHHHH but we steal them.

I dont know how any of your keep your sanity with texting back and forth. Sure glad we didnt have to. We had to block all emails. I guess we would have blocked the texting thing too.

Sorry about all 'this' Clover

Rags's picture

My response to BM would have been... "get off your lazy ass and go get it then.  Buh-bye."

I would probably have made the same reply to DH were I you.

smh

Cover1W's picture

After that quick check I did nothing.  DH asked about it, I simply told him I confirmed what I thought that it wasn't at the lost and found.  He got back to BM himself today with a kind of "too bad so sad" sort of message.  It was kind of funny.

Yeah, next time, I ignore.  At least she doesn't do this very often.