You are here

Disengaged in March

stepmarch88's picture
Forums: 

Only a couple of months since I disengaged from SD13. She has decided to live with BM full-time, which has been the case for a month or so now. TBH it's all been pretty stressful and even heartbreaking, trying to explain it to my younger kids. DH wants to take our toddler down to our son's practice tomorrow so SD can see them and I'm not comfortable about it because SD is not trustworthy. I'm sure DH will protect our youngest but there have been many times when SD tortured the younger siblings when no one was looking. SD has told everyone that I am the reason why she can't reside in our house anymore. Who cares, right? How should I perceive that?

Still struggling to find peace with the situation and wrestling with strange feelings I haven't experienced before. Things are a million times better in our house now that menace girl is gone but it's been an adjustment. Cared for her since she was one year old and now she's 'gone'. I know I did the right thing by disengaging and separating myself from all the drama but now I hear it from my friends how SD is posting shit on social media like I love my dad but I can never forgive him for choosing another family instead of me. She's talking smack on DH (like she does on everyone) and he was like 'i don't care' because I don't think he really does. So why do I care? I can't understand it. Thoughts?

ESMOD's picture

I guess you could also go to the practice to oversee and if SD starts to get out of hand.. you can remove your bios?

Rags's picture

It can draw others into the insanity.  

Stop joining her shit.  Let her wallow in it.  You and DH stay away from her manipulative stench.

Other than to shred her actively on social media when she goes trolling for support for her delusional crap.  I would make that my fondest hobby.

Safe space my ass.   Public manipulation is not and should not ever be a safe space.  She drops her self delusional turds in a public forum, rub her nose it every one of them.