You are here

Being Bestie

PrettyYoungThing's picture
Forums: 

My SD8 calls me her bestie. She has since I met her. I would always take the extra time and extra effort to make sure she always had fun and wanted me around. Maybe i did too good of a job. 

My SD wont do anything without me. My SO used to think me not wanting to do things with them was me saying i hated her. (he was very dramatic.. still is sometimes) We have talked it out since and he understands that sometimes i just want to do my own thing. I have lots of things I would like to get done and sometimes it occupies my entire day. SD hates it. She tells my SO that she doesnt want "dads week and moms week". She wants my week and moms week. My SO has recently made some very needed changes in our day to day life with SD and she hates him for it. Causing her to cling onto her "bestie" even more. She always wants to do stuff without my SO and play games without him. Basically wants it to be just me and her. At first it was cute and i was happy she liked me around, but I am so sick of it. She is not nice to me at all. I may sound dramatic saying that, but if you've read any of the blogs Ive posted about her, youd understand. It is such a challange to disengage from her. Being her "bestie" has drained me. It has caused me a lot of anxiety and depression. My SO is aware and has been doing anything I ask of him to help me. 

I dont know where to go from here. Is it possible to be the "bestie" but also disengage from her? My sanity is at stake.