You are here

Sharing texts/pics every weekend

mimi123's picture
Forums: 

Some advice please.. DH and BM share pictures and texts with each other each weekend the kids are with one of them. Today DH turns to me and says, 'oh take a look at how the kids are swmming'.. Yesterday it was, ' kids at their uncle's house' (his ex in-laws) He does the same.. sending her pictures almost every weekend of the kids.

This bothers me bc I feel like he's leading two lives almost. Am I selfish? I know he misses them terribly when it's not his weekend. They 6 and 8.

Is this normal behaviour? Luckily their divorce was not bitter, no one hates anyone. But the constant communication is sometimes to much for me.

Ruby55's picture

I think every weekend is excessive and would annoy me. There could be wiser things but it just seems too much

Ruby55's picture

I think every weekend is excessive and would annoy me. There could be wiser things but it just seems too much

Jenna29's picture

I wouldn't like it. If they are both single fine but once you have step parents involved or a significant other that crap needs to stop. Its hard enough coming into someones life when they have kids. Then having to see an ex and see previous relationship that is too much.

morethanibargainedfor's picture

BM has done this a couple of times (When her and DH actually got along). It didn't really bug me that much. Like others have said, just be glad they can get along. Unless they are crossing some boundaries then I don't see the big deal. Honestly my motto is always pick your battles. This really is something small and IMO not something to cause any issues over Smile

OrangeUGlad's picture

A couple of photos over a weekend? Ignore it.

If it becomes intrusive, then approach it as needing time away from the electronic devices rather than focusing on her and the pics. Especially if the two of you are having dinner, etc. Set a rule no phone use during certain times.

It will decrease as the kids get older.

momof3boys's picture

I understand your frustration. My BF's ex will send pictures as well, not often but enough to drive me crazy. My BF's EX wife will send pictures of her and then their son in the background with a caption. "Guess who joined me at work today? Really get your ugly mug off his phone. Or a picture of a sunset when she is driving bc she knows he likes to take pictures since it is his hobby. Drives me insane. I have told him that certain texts she sends are too chummy. He disagrees, and says he is just being friendly to her for the sake of his children. Texts between two parents should be about the kids and the kids only. Not side talk. So I feel your pain. Me personally, I try to ignore it as much as I can, but sometimes it is hard to do. Much easier said than done. Good luck with this. I am right there with you.