You are here

His affair partner

@Nasha's picture
Forums: 

Let me make it as short as i can. 

He cheated, got cut, we end up divorcing, he is still with her. We share 2 kids, 9 years old boy, and 3 month old daughter, she was born right after our divorce was final. 

His girlfriend is making it hard for him to visit our daughter every Sunday, she is little and there will be no overnight visits till she is probably 22 month old, that woman wants my ex to have our daughter every other weekend because it’s not fair to her and her future baby’s, they don’t even have kids yet. So my ex is trying to talk me into letting my daughter stay overnight, so the girlfriend is happy. 

How am I suppose to Co parent with such an immature woman? 

Survivingstephell's picture

You don't.  She is just a girlfriend and has absolutely no say in the aggreement between you and jerkface.  I really doubt a judge would give it to him anyways.  

Just put your foot down with the ex and there will be no more conversation about it until she is older.  

My bet is that girlfriend wants to play happy family and show her off and be MOTY.   Much like a single guy uses little kids to snag a date.  

You have all the power right now.  Don't let them scare you  

Maxwell09's picture

Unless you are breastfeeding then I don’t see why you can’t let the child go every other weekend with it’s 9yr sibling. My DH and BM split when SS was only 6 months old. At 6 months old he was on a 4 on, 4 off schedule and he was absolutely fine. Then went to a 5-2 (dh primary).  That thing you tell yourself that YOUR baby absolutely needs YOU to sleep and get through the night is a lie. What’s the difference between a 7 week old spending 10-12hours straight in a daycare all day while mom works? You’ll say “well I get to pick her up and drop her off everyday.” ....True and you can do one on and one off with the kid and get the same result plus a free babysitter. The girl isn’t being immature, maybe premature because who’s to say she’s permanent at all, but she’s right about the sharing part. 

twoviewpoints's picture

The Sunday afternoon visitation. Is the visit restricted to having to be in your home? 

Or is the father allowed to come pick up baby and , for example take baby home for a few hours or over to his mother's house to visit grandma?  And is the place of visitation (your home ,if it is) actually in the court order or just something you are more comfortable with and insist on? 

You do not nor ever shall be required to co-parent with your ex husband's partner. Even if they marry and have a dozen kids. There are two parents to your 9yr old and the baby. That's your ex and you. All communication needs to be between the actual parents. All court orders are between the two actual parents. 

It is your ex's choice to take visitation or not. He either takes what is in the order or he waives the visit. You are under no obligation to make different agreements on the side. Being the divorce ink is barely dry, I seriously doubt your ex has any room to run back and try to have anything modified at this early point. 

Do not agree to anything currently not in the order and/or parenting plan. 

The GF can whine all she pleases. She's not your problem nor is she your's to have to deal with. 

Is your ex taking the older child for the ordered allowed visitations?

@Nasha's picture

Yes, he visits her in my house, she is only 11 weeks old. He came over a hand full of time because his lady is a pain. Our oldes kid is visiting him every other weekend, absolutely hates going over when she is around. 

sweetstepmama's picture

Now might be a good time to start teaching your 9 year old respect...particularly of his father's choice in mate.

MissDenise's picture

At 9 he is learning about respect and disrespect. He saw what his dad did to his mother and his own kids. These kids will never forget nor respect their dad again. This is is called the domino effect of cheating, and the only one to blame is the dad. He didn't have the decency to wait until the kids were adjusted before introducing this woman to them. Now their fighting in front of the children, a lot of alarming things going on here. I think OP needs to promptly go to her lawyer. A 3 mo old in the mix makes it even more complicated. Quite the mess.

tog redux's picture

I imagine this is very hard to deal with, him leaving you and taking up with the affair partner. And having to deal with her influence. But read on these boards about how damaged kids are when one bio parent makes it hard for them to love the other one, or to care for the new partner in a parent's life.

I too don't understand why he can't take the baby for a few hours, even overnight.  He is her parent as well. And plenty of people leave young babies with their grandmothers for a night or longer. Or in daycare for an entire day, with strangers.

SonOfABrisketMaker's picture

I would say Daddy is a valid parent, too. You don't own the baby, you don't have the right to be your children's gatekeeper. 

On the other hand, if he cared even half a sh!t about his brand new baby, he would have manned up and kept his pants on while you were pregnant. Babies are tender and precious and helpless, how can you trust a woman who helped break up your marriage to properly care for your breakable, non-verbal infant?

The only thing that worries me about your schedule is that the 9 year old will:

A. Get confused when you all play happy family every other sunday.

and

B.Start to resent that baby gets to stay with you but he has to go endure being marginalized at his dad's house.

Is it possible that you and your ex can work out that he takes the baby to his mom's or dad's or auntie's house alone so there is someone there who is a little more experienced in child care that has a vested interest in baby's welfare? Honestly, new GF really doesnt need to be involved in these EOWEs, the kids are there to spend time with Dad, not hang out with him while he's in the honeymoon period with his new fling.

fourbrats's picture

and has equal rights including the right to take the child out of your home. 11 weeks isn't too young to leave for the day and go to dad's house and arguably isn't too young for overnights either. He should establish a custody order now and request at least all dat Saturday and all day Sunday visits outside of the home. As it is he isn't getting enough time with her and they are unable to form a bond. 

And why 22 months for overnights? What a random number. 

@Nasha's picture

He is getting deployed to Afghanistan, and by the time he is back, she will be 22 month old. I have nothing against him taking her for the whole day, even twice a week. My problem is every other weekend, demanded and requested by his girlfriend. Because she would like to spend at list two weekends a month alone with him. 

twoviewpoints's picture

Well, looks like his GF will soon be getting lots and lots of alone time.... but it will be alone and without your ex. I wonder if she will wait round for him while he is deployed? 

The 9yr old , of course, will not be having visitation while Dad is gone. But at nine, he' old enough to remember and miss Dad during deployment. The baby won't even remember him. He will have to reestablish a relationship with the baby when he returns. Baby, who will be a toddler when he returns may have to slowly over some months build up to overnights even then... it's not like babies can facetime/ skype much. Dad will be a total stranger

beebeel's picture

What does the custody agreement via the divorce decree state? If the divorce is final, there must be a custody agreement. I highly doubt a judge ordered no overnight visits until he returns from his deployment. 

You are denying your child the ability to bond with her father. Yes, he hurt you. But while you're so busy trying to hurt him back, YOU are making your kids collateral damage. 

Booboobear's picture

maybe from the stepmoms point of view: he told me It was over/getting divorced.  

we are going to be a family/have more kids and I am going to love and treat all of my husbands kids well. 

no need to have visitation with the kids mom there unless she is going to be nice to all of us.  

our future will include lots of family photos, birthdays, dinners, teethbrushings as a family and you will not be present, but your kids will.  you might as well start being nice and teach your kids this is the new normal and send them off with happy thoughts.  

don't teach your kids to be bad, just because you are bitter, they will not have a quality life.  

Gucci's picture

‘no need to have visitation with the kids mom there unless she is going to be nice to all of us.’

YASSSS. 

@Nasha's picture

Amen to that! No need to have visitation at all. I teach my kids to be respectful, but respect need to be deserved not the same thing. She insisted to be in the hospital with him, when our daughter was born, his mom had to ask him to leave. So, no, I don’t have to be nice. 

sweetstepmama's picture

You're lucky he even went to the hospital with you when your daughter was born.  Oh how quick you forget that this was a man that you married and allowed to put not 1, but 2 babies in you over a 10 year period.  The man you chose, over and over again, for 10 years has now chosen a new woman to be in his life.  So yes, you have to be nice.  Or your children will soon be without a father all together.  If he cheated on you while you were carrying his seed, don't think he will turn from that seed and create new life with the woman he loves.  

@Nasha's picture

That unicorns and rainbows that you are talking about are nothing but illusions. Taking the fact in to consideration that he doesn’t even have a room for her, not even a bassinet! Where is she going to sleep? Between the two of them? I don’t think so! My problem is not him having her, he wanted to see her on weekly basis , my problem is that that loving and understanding stepmom to be, already puts some limitations for him to see her by not letting him come over every week. It’s not her business, she should know her place.  He is a Major in the Army, he works often weekends and holidays. Who is she going to stay with if there is an emergency? I am in no way bitter. I am just worried. 

Firstly, it seems like there is no custody/visitation on paper? Was this not hashed out in the divorce? 

Secondly, even if she is the tramp that helped end your marriage, they are in a relationship now. She does get some say if he's hanging out at his ex's house "for the kids". Especially this guy. He doesnt seem like the most loyal and trustworthy fella in the world. My DH went to his ex wife's house for one day of Hannukah a few days before our wedding- "for the kids". Yeah, that went super badly and I've never forgiven him for it. It just snowballed into SDthen8 begging him to sleep over at BM's house. (for the record, DH and BM were divorced for a year before we met. I had nothing to do with it.)

Thirdly, he has roughly 7 months before he deploys, yes? That is plenty of time to bond with his young child and he needs to. The only issue is that both you and him need to put aside your differences and put the effort into keeping him and the kids connected. Skype is great. 

Lastly, all these things that are on your worry list, you need to bring up to him. She needs to have her own space, he needs the same kind of diapers/bottles/lotions you use because they work for her, she needs a safe crib/bassinett/playpen to use for sleeping. You need a ROFR so you get your kids when he has to be at work during his time with them. 

As much fun as it is jerking them around right now, it will only come back to bite you in the butt later.

tog redux's picture

How do you know what she is and isn't demanding? I'm genuinely curious. If she's contacting you herself, block her. If he's telling you that, he's the same asshole you divorced (as if you doubted that).

If he lets his new woman dictate what he will be doing, that's on HIM, not on her.  I'm going to guess that he's telling you this and throwing her under the bus. My DH would take into consideration my needs, but he wouldn't let me tell him what to do, nor would he blame his own actions on me. 

Unfortunately, once you get a divorce, you can't control what the other parent does in their home, so you have to let go of that. I'm guessing as someone said, that she doesn't like him being at your house to see the kid because he's a cheater and she knows it. I'm not sure why you want him there, either, I can't imagine I'd want to see his face at all.

Hammer out a custody agreement that doesn't include him seeing her at your house, then let it go. Be grateful she's not demanding 50/50 custody so he doesn't have to pay child support (yet). My guess is that this new relationship of his is not going to last anyway.

@Nasha's picture

How I know? Unfortunately they got in to fight when my son was visiting, he woke up becouse they were yelling. After he got home and told me what he have heard, I confronted his dad and he couldn’t back out of it. My situation is a bit different, I am from Germany, my family and friends are all back home. No support system.  Now I am in Texas, with geographycal restrictions and can’t move, my ex is about an hour away, so I do everything, even after having a C-section I couldn’t rest because he refused to take a week off and help me out. I don’t really want him here, I leave the house when he comes to visit. When I was about to have our daughter, he went and got a puppy, yet becouse she wanted one, who is going to walk the dog while she is there? His girlfriend is from the Philippines, she is visiting him often. 

tog redux's picture

Well,the whole thing is crappy. My guess is that when he is deployed, the relationship will fall apart anyway - it doesn't sound very solid. Most of these affairs are built on fantasy and can't stand the test of time when they live together daily.   I doubt your ex-H planned to get divorced, he probably thought he could get away with seeing her and staying married, too.

Do you have a good attorney? Maybe he can make your ex's life difficult enough to get him to allow you to move back to Germany with the kids.

sweetstepmama's picture

I wouldn't bank on it falling apart.  Filipino women are fierce.  And if he's a MAJOR in the Army?  Naw...she ain't goin no where...

still learning's picture

"Naw...she ain't goin no where..."

But he is, and where he's going there will be available lonely women who will be there to listen to his sob stories and comfort him.  If he couldn't be faithful to his pregnant wife do you really think he's going to honor a commitment to his mistress/gf?  

sweetstepmama's picture

I agree with you 100%.  So my point would be she better get used to it now.  There's going to be new babies and new women that she's going to need to be nice to because that's the kind of man she chose to have her 2 children with .

still learning's picture

Right now she needs to look out for herself and her kids, no need to be nice or "stay sweet" for the mistress and idiot ex that helped break up her marriage.  Screw that wench and the stupid exH, they deserve each other. So tired of women having to pretend to be nice to appease everyone.  She is entitled to her feelings.  

sweetstepmama's picture

It is her business!  Her man, her business!  Her home, her business!  Her life, her business!  You are divorced.  It's no longer your business what he does or how they choose to live their life.  Of course she doesn't want him coming over every week!  That's ridiculous.  You're going to get your wish and your daughter is going to be fatherless.  Then you can figure all that out on your own.  You should know YOUR place.  And why shouldn't she sleep between the two of them?  Do you want your infant alone in a separate room in his house?  No tenderness?  No affection?  Never seeing love between 2 parents.  You didn't seem to deprive your son of that but now you seem to want to deprive your daughter of that.  I feel sorry for that little girl.  

susanm's picture

Whaaaaa???  You think that the baby should co-sleep with the father and his girlfriend?  Affair or no affair, children should not sleep with anyone other than their parents.  They are perfectly fine in their own rooms and own cribs.  Are you the crazy woman who thought that a stepmother should be breastfeeding the newborn stepson and threw in a bunch of religious mumbo jumbo about about the man making the decisions?

NoWireCoatHangarsEVER's picture

to him having an affair. I was in a unique position in that I had a crap ton of evidence of wrong doing and I made a deal with him. I said I would walk with him having to pay me nothing at all if he didn't make the other woman my children's stepmother. She is truely vile and a crazy person who is currently in a mental hospital and he took the deal. He married a lovely lady he met off the internet and the baby I was pregnant with is now 9. We coparent very successfully but I know a big part of that is because he isn't with the crazy bipolar nutjob affair partner. I would just about die if that woman had any influence in my children. Her own children were removed from her custody. So I feel you. I do. I was lucky he wasn't in love with her disgusted self . It's a truely horrific shit sandwich to eat when the affair partner wants to raise and influence  your baby.

beebeel's picture

My BFF's ex cheated on her when their son was just a year old. He married the affair partner. I have SO MUCH respect for my friend, who was able to love her son more than she hated her ex. She coparents like a boss with the new wife as they both now realize how worthless he is in the parenting department.

My friend doesn't blame the new wife. Who knows what pack of lies Cheater McCheaterson told her. She blames the sleezebag who broke his vows and will highly likely break them with the current wife, too, if he hasn't already. Their son is 7 now and he's a happy, healthy, awesome kid who loves both of his parents, his SM and the little sister she and his dad gave him. 

See, my friend's dad ALSO cheated on her mom and married his side piece. My friend knew exactly what is was like being a kid and having all of this adult shit dropped on her shoulders because her mom couldn't keep her anger and bitterness in check. My BFF's younger sister is 35 and still totally screwed up. 

Love your kids more than you hate their father. You have so much power in this situation and the choices you make in how to proceed will very likely permanently affect your kids.

@Nasha's picture

He met her while he was stationed in Saudi Arabia, she was working there as a nurse. When we found out that I was pregnant, he apparently tried to break  up with her, but she went out of her way to create a fake Facebook account and tell me all about what my ex was doing while stationed abroad. They turn my pregnancy in to pure hell, I had to drive for 2 hourse while I was 9 month pregnant to get my son from his house, and they were playing outside with the new Puppy that he got her. Traumatized, I was traumatized, couldn’t believe that someone who I spend the 12 years of my life with was able to do such things. 

Is your ex a pilot?

Rags's picture

A very common story.  The single Expat women in Saudi whore around with disgusting adulterous assholes and together they destroy marriages and families.

I saw it seemingly countless times while growing up then working in KSA and much of the rest of the Middle East.  Fathers of several of my friends pulled this crap and several of my coworkers ditched  long term marriages for gold digging ME Expat whores.

Good riddance to this POS and his whore.  You and your children are better off without either of them.

sweetstepmama's picture

Where there is great cruelty in a breakdown or break up of a marriage, there was often great neglect.  Just saying.

MissDenise's picture

He chose to throw away his family imo. I'm sorry but when you decide to create children you have a responsibiliy to them. It doesn't work going back and fourth between homes. Statistics agree with that.  The so called "blended" AKA dysfunctional family is no longer a family due to divorce. OP on the upside at least it wasn't 20 years. I would not let him take the baby at 3 mo old. They typically feed every 3-4 hours and if you're breast feeding that won't work. I doubt his new relationship will work going by what you posted, and I wonder what your other children think about dad leaving them for a town bicycle. I think the best thing for you is to move on with minimal talking maybe just texting only to discuss the visitation of your older kids. Honestly I would wonder about your older kids and the trauma he's inflicted upon them. If he's having this woman sleep over during their visit you can address that with the court. My friend did and her ex wasn't allowed to have gf's sleep over while his kids were there. You'd have to discuss that with a lawyer and your state laws etc. but it sounds like he already did that right off the bat. Very sad and irresponsible. 

MissDenise's picture

Where I'm at if you want to move you have to notify the ex by certified mail of your intentions to relocate. If they don't respond in 30 days it's implied consent. Send it to his home while deployed. Your lawyer will guide you, but it's obvious you and your kids need a better support system. 

Rags's picture

Were I your BFF I would detest them both and raise that child with complete age appropriate exposure to the facts.

His current knows full well that he was married.  She is as much a disgusting POS as he is.

still learning's picture

First of all you don't have to co-parent with her, she is just the gf and has zero say in your custody arrangement.  She's visiting him from the Philipines and he's about to be deployed to Afghanastan. Well, who knows if their relationship will last or if he'll bring home a new girlfriend from each country he goes to.  Personally I wouldn't even talk to her but deal with the other parent only.  ExH used to have his fiance then 2nd wife set up all visitation with me and now he's trying to do the same thing with wife #3 who barely speaks English.  It's annoying and entertaining at the same time.  

As soon as he's deployed I'd pack everything up and move back to Germany where your family and support is. No reason to stay in Texas. Consult a lawyer on this of course.  

MissDenise's picture

Wait until he's deployed and pack up. He's going to have gf after gf around your kids. They'll have stability with you and your family. And sorry OP, but he's been cheating on you the entire time. You caught him this time because this one became serious and went about stalking you. 

Rags's picture

Sometimes the partners we accept or even choose turn out to not be who we thought they were. That this POS is as F-d up as he is is good enough reason to minimize the exposure that  your children (though  his children also) have with him.  When you throw in the cheat partner... these kids shouldn't have to have any exposure to either one of them when the cheat partner is present.

The good news is that the problem goes away for 22-mos during his deployment.  Cheat partner gets ZERO exposure to either of your children during that time.  You will have plenty of time to get all of your legal, custody, and visitation ducks in a row while he is gone and be ready to address them from a much more confident place upon his return.

It is likely that he will return with another SO that he will dredge up while on deployment anyway.  So, start boxing in this toxic XH and get the structure in place to protect your children as much as possible.

This is such a toxic situation that even a 9yo can see it. 

Take care of  you and your children. Never tolerate toxicity in their lives introduced by the XH. He is their father and should be protecting them and not servicing his nether regions with a toxic manipulative presence that is not healthy for his kids.   No kid deserves that.

While I am rarely one to recommend that an X or kid be tolerated to interfere in anyone's current relationship, there are some sitautions that require boundaries and consequences for a parent who introduces toxicity to their own children.  This seems to fit that scenario.

All IMHO of course.

MissDenise's picture

I worked with kids and families for many years. There is simply no excuse to do this to his own family. I don't know if OP dumped him right away once she found out, but he should have immediately dumped that woman. At least tried to behave like a decent father. And been there for his wife. This guy hasn't been around a whole lot for any of his kids because of his job. Dont' know why he fathered 3 if he's always out of the country, but that's another topic. I was fortunate because I met my current DH and has been a good father.  Yes the problem will mostly be gone, that's a big PLUS. OP there are better men and fathers out there. Time for you to count him out of your life altogether. Don't think he's been there much, and I do beieve he's cheated on OP for many years.

Etta's picture

If you aren't bitter you're just amazing and so well-adjusted it's disgusting!  I am the victim of a cheater as well.

He can't possibly expect you to be warm and fuzzy about his mistress wanting to play mommy!  That's just unrealistic!

I have to agree with a previous poster...It's time for you and their father to have a very adult conversation and you tell him how you feel.  Give him an out if he seems like that is a good idea.  Move back to Germany...get your life back!  Plenty of women raise children on their own too.

I raised my son on my own...Best decision ever!  I told dear old dad he didn't have to a pay a dime if he just went away, and away he went!  Ironically, he was a Marine that came home on leave and married a friend of mine without me knowing.  Our son was a month old and I was under the impression WE were getting married!  Imagine my surprise!  LOL

STaround's picture

I would not give up on CS.   Too many women find out to late that they cannot fund retirement, etc.  Good news is with ex deployed, his GF will not be able to see the kid.   When he gets back, that may change.  Worry about that then.