You are here

Wristbands for unlimited rides NOT good enough... he "prefers" a DIFFERENT money sucking amusement park!!!

vera3's picture

Bought kids wristbands for unlimited rides at Boomers (arcade/fun center type place) to have some spring break fun. DH taking day off so we can all go tomorrow. These were pricy of course, X3 kids, for SS13, SD10 and BS9.

SS13 only comments:

SS13: "I wish they were for
instead"

Me: "Well we paid a lot of money for the Boomers wristbands and we were hoping you guys would be excited about it..."

SS13: "Well I prefer though"

Me: Stunned silence

SS13: "Are the wristbands for unlimited arcade too?"

Me; "No, the arcade takes tokens, not wristbands. The wristbands are for the rides, bumper boats, batting cages, go carts, mini golf"

SS13: Silence, walks away.

OMG!!!!!!!!! Is ANYTHING ever good enough for these kids? I told DH if he has an attitude tomorrow or if they are not appreciative/happy with their days bounty of free unlimited premium fun, then I'm not sure WHAT might pop out of my mouth at the wrong moment... :jawdrop:

vera3's picture

Ugh the system removed what I typed in between brackets in my original post. SS kept referring to another (but similar) amusement arcade place that he "prefers"...

oneoffour's picture

How would he 'prefer' to be left behind?

13 yr olds are not usually the most appreciative cretins in the world. But if he feels so strongly maybe he would like to pay for his own arcade games.

I vote for leaving him behind though. Ungrateful cretin. (which you could mutter under your breath when he is around)

twopines's picture

Oh definitely leave him at home since he prefers something else. I would ask BS9 if he knows a friend who would like to go in SS13's place.

briarmommy's picture

That sounds so similar with what we are going through with ss7, he is a spoiled underapritiative brat. So we have made the descion to buy him less, we talked to his grandma about spoiling him to. For holidays like Easter he is getting a basket at his moms so he is not getting one here just a large chocolate bunny. If he is here on easter he will get a basket here but he doesnt need two. Christmas is a little different if he is here on Christmas morning he gets gifts and Santa gifts, not here Christmas morning he gets us gifts but Santa came to BMs house. This is the problem with a lot of steps I think they have a thousand holidays and the whole world gives them crap to make up for there guilt...........thats not the answer we need to convince our husbands and inlaws to tone it down alittle so they don't get so intiteled. Thats my humble opinion anyway

hismineandours's picture

If I were you I would prefer to not spend anything on the kid.

Skids are spoiled rotten (typically) and they still dont think they have enough. Double holidays all year round!! Vacations with each family!! Awesome! NO wonder we have so many entitled kids.

This is one I've stepped back from for sure over the last couple of years. SS's bday is in 5 days-I'm not buying him anything, nor am I reminding dh-he can do what he likes. I'm not throwing parties, I'm not buying an easter basket. I did last year-made a huge basket for ss (who was with us but left about 10am on Easter morning)-he had treated me like shit all weekend-when he got up that morning dh actually wouldnt let him have it since I am the one who bought ever bit of it and prepared it for him. Of course his bm calls 10 mintues away and then he decides he will say, "oh, sorry" and get his easter basket-that was actually the last occassion I bought for him.

KatDarling's picture

Step kids make me feel like I was of a different species when I was growing up.

I would have been THRILLED with a day like that and if for some reason I complained I would be in serious trouble.

I vote one of the grateful kids gets to bring a friend and that whiney boy can stay at home.

Madam Hedgehog's picture

Leave him at home . . . or better, take him but don't give him a wrist band or money. The little sh!t can just sit there and watch everybody else have fun.