You are here

would you be upset with so

steppingover's picture

I was just wondering how others would feel on this topic...

My fiance and I bought a new house about 8 months ago. I have 4 children that have resided with us as long as we have been together. Our house has 3 bedrooms upstairs and the basement was not developed. So my 2 older boys 15 and 13 have been sleeping on couches downstairs as my fiance builds the basement. 2 months ago his daughter decided to move in with us she is 16 so we had to change all the plans for the basement to add another bedroom. When she moved in my fiance told her she could have my youngest sons bedroom and she said no only because I put up a fight saying I was not going to kick him out of his room for her.
So he has now started to frame the base ment and ofcourse his daughters room was done first. Now he has finished framing her room and has put up drywall for her bedroom because she was whinnig about not having privacy. Well neither of my boys have it either and they have been here longer and have been waiting for bedrooms way longer than she has and I dont think it is fair that because she decided to move in 2 months ago that my children should be pushed out of the way and have to wait longer.

Would you be upset at so for this

anita...sigh's picture

Ahh, same problem here. No solutions though Smile

I gonna give your DH the benefit of the doubt and say that I do believe girls need more privacy but it would still burn my chaps.

We all smile in the same language

evangeline's picture

that would piss me off bigtime. you have 4 kids and his daughter just decides she is going to move in? did you get a choice? doesnt sound like there was any room for her at all. But yeah she should have more privacy but cant he put dry wall up for the boys because they are at the age now where they need their privacy arnt they?

Amazed's picture

I don't think it's fair but...I think the girl needs her privacy...however, she knew the situation before she decided to grace your already crowded home with her presence. Maybe she didn't know exactly how hard it would be but she still knew there would be some discomfort.

I think the boys rooms should have been done first. Regardless of the needs of teenage girls and privacy...fair is fair and the boys were in line first.

"Venting without the desire to look within and improve your situation is simply venting to hear yourself bitch."

..."I'm not mean, you're just a sissy."

"If they sold clues at Walmart,I'd be first in line to get one for DH" ~the lovely Jbee~

stepmom008's picture

I agree that the boys' room should have been done first but I do get the female need for privacy. Is there any way to make the boys area more comfortable for them in the meantime? For instance, getting them beds and allowing them to put posters, etc up until their area is finished?

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".