You are here

Will I ever stop hating them?

NotSureICanDoThisHELP's picture

I've been with my partner for 4 years. We own a house together. I have two daughters that are with my all the time (with they're dad every other weekend). My BF has his two girls week in week off. 
I can't stand them being in my home. 
I'm miserable the weeks they are here and dread the coming week when they are not. They aren't terrible kids

Theyre just fat, ugly, lazy house gets I can't get rid of. 
All I keep hoping for is when they are old enough to move out or that they and their mom drive off a bridge together. 

So much hate and resentment. 
I clearly didn't know what I was getting into. 
mid we didn't have a house to sell I'm sure I would have been fine by now. 

I have no desire to have any relationship with either of them. 
No desire to put in any effort regarding this. 

My only concern is for my own kids well being.we have a beautiful house near a great school they attend.

i love my partner but want nothing to do with his kids or their mom. 

Do I just ride it out until they move the fuck out and then never attend anything involving them ever again?

tog redux's picture

No, I don't think it's healthy to ride it out for 10 years hating your stepkids.  If there is no way to make your life with them more liveable, then do yourself, your girls and your SO a favor and end the relationship.  You don't say anything about him and your relationship that would make me think it's worth living in misery for. Surely you can find somewhere else to live where they can go to the same school.  A great house isn't enough.

It's livable in that I ignore the older one almost completely and the younger one I can tolerate more. She's a whole other mix bag as she's likely going to be transgender. Which I support, no biggie, but I'm not sure that that is another whole emotional rollercoaster I want to be a part of. 
my guy is great. Just soft. No back bone and will "do what he has to for his kids" aka enable and not stand up to his piece of shit ex wife who cheated on him for nearly a year and he let he walk away with everything cause it was "easier". That kind of soft. 

tog redux's picture

Right - which makes him not great at all, 50% of the time. Most likely, he's the main problem in your situation - if he parented better and set limits on the ex, your life might be better.

pollycracker's picture

The way you hate them is unhealthy. Referring to them as fat and ugly is just rude. Please do not describe children like that. Life is not about physical traits, it really hurts that you would say this without providing any information regarding what they do that is filling you with so much hatred.

If your SO isnt assisting in raising them properly, please leave.

Rags's picture

I think that the "lazy house guests" that she can't get rid of covers what they are doing that irritates her.  The fat and ugly is a descriptor. Not a particularly nice one, but.......

Yes kids are kids but I don't think I'm a realist and I know ugly kids when I see them. It's not like I tell them that to their face and I get it's not there fault but ugly is ugly