You are here

When do you say enough is enough?

CrystalNAZ's picture

I have two Semi-Step children (their father and I aren't married but we have been together for Five Years) and all they do on a regular basis is disrespect, lie, and back talk me.
I have had enough. It Got so bad that the step monsters (boy 11 and girl 8 ) told their dad one day after he got home from work that I had Not fed them all day. I could not believe what was coming out of their mouths. My Bf and I only get them During the summer for 2 1/2 months and on every other holiday because we live so far from their Mom. They don't have the best Home Life with their mother. She works at night so when they get out of school she is not their so their new step dad feeds them dinner and they are in bed By 6:30. Which i think is very wrong. My problem is that Together with my bf We have a two year old son who copies his brother and sisters moves. He is now biting and Hitting and throwing things,being all around destructive when less than a month ago he wasn't doing these things. I am Losing my cool and my mind. It's the His kids are purposely trying to make me go insane. I have known these kids for five years and it gets worse evey Year. HELP ME!

steppie1999's picture

Does you BF stand behind you as a (step)parent to his kids??
Perhaps the absence from them only makes things worse.
How does BM feel about you as the StepMom?? Does BM show disrespect to you?? Does she make things toug??

"SOME PEOPLE WEREN'T MEANT TO HAVE CHILDREN" Sad

stepwitch's picture

Maybe they need to go to bed at 6:30 - HHHMMMMM????? I can't stand to hear schildren disrespects their parents/step parents. Probably because I too was disrespected. I'm gonna brew me up a spell and cast it upon them !! Does that make you feel better? I wish I could. Only advise I can give is get future hubby on your side or get out before they become older and wiser is thier evil ways !!

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

BabygotBack1988's picture

ever wish a break up on any one i would say the fight is worth it to stop all this heart ache its much easyer. but thats comeing from me now and my advise to you a week ago would be to run run run.
so it depends on you are you strong enough for the fight and the little pain or can you handle a split and the pain be even worse. people say things will get better but right now i cant see that m life is one big misery after another even had to go into hospital last night to see the emergency phyciatrist. my norm was in bed !!

so i guess what im trying to say is im in a bad bad way much worse than what i was. and id say its well not worth the break up. and its not easy just breathing hurts ive cried that much . is it worth it??

life is a box of choclates you never know what your going to get (i always pick the coffe of the box what about you ) Blum 3

CrystalNAZ's picture

My Man does stand behind me about punishing the children. Most of the time i normally send them to their rooms until their dad gets home and together we can talk about what the punishment should be. Most of the time he has little talks with them about being nicer and stop what they are doing to me. Most the time it goes in one ear and out the other. Their mother is the type where she doesn't want the ex but doesn't want anyone else to have him. In the first year of our relationship she tried many times for him to leave me and come back to her. She is the worst bm ever. She plays little head games with the kids. When my DH calls to talks to his kids she never answers the phone and then tells the kids he never calls.

steppie1999's picture

Unfortunately, the way you describe BM.....she is a lot like most of the BM's we all deal with.
Hang in there and hang with all of us...you and DH seem to be working together so that BM doesn't ruin what you have.
See you around the site Wink

"SOME PEOPLE WEREN'T MEANT TO HAVE CHILDREN" Sad