You are here

What would you do?

Mystery23's picture

If your friend told you not to get with a white male. If your white because his kids are mixed race because when they got out together they would feel the odd ones out?

Are you all in a situation where you partner has a black or white child and then feeling left out of the family because the child is mixed?

happy's picture

Who is married to an Italian, she had two children previous, that are interacial, they are the most beautiful children and as a matter of fact, the man she married adopted them and they are one happy family. The kids don't feel awkward, nor does my friend and her husband, its all in how you feel and that will then have a reflection on the children. We are people in this world no matter the color! Just my opinion..

Happy
"live life to its fullest everyday"

TKO's picture

I agree with Cajun Lady- get a new friend.

My family is interactial and the only people who make us feel uncomfortable are those that are uncomfortable with other races and should work out their own issues. We deal with the racism every now and then, but unfortunately it's a part of society that is SLOWLY changing and accepting - and depending upon the community you live in- it may be even SLOWER.

My kids don't really see the issues or conflict right now because their schools are pretty diverse and we learn differant languages and cultures. My DH and I get the comments and stares, but we just hold our heads high, keep our children happy and safe and adore them- they are truly beautful as a part of both of us.

TheSaneOne's picture

Exactly - all that matters is if the children feel loved. It doesn't matter what color you are if you love them. My best friend's daughter and my "other baby" is biracial. Do we get stares, sometimes. We call my DH her white daddy - and she loves him more than anyone.
If she loves him then nothing else matters.

ColorMeGone2's picture

My white American cousin married an Italian. He moved to the US and they had one child together. Then they adopted two black children and adopted another child who is half black, half Latino. They are one very happy family. She has her own little Rainbow Coalition.

♥ Georgia ♥

"Good men don't just happen. They have to be created by us women." (from ROSEANNE)

FallingfromGrace's picture

and my father is "white". I have always loved the fact that one side of my family was Mexican. Great food, interesting culture. It is good for my kids. In fact, my skids have even said "we are part Mexican!". I bet BM loves that! LOL! Embrace the diversity!!!

smurfy1smile's picture

I have a girlfriend who has 3 kids, one is all white, another is half white half hispanic and the youngest is half white half african american. The youngest is pretty dark and mom has blonde hair and blue eyes. She gets some funny looks from people but she doesn't care. She loves them all the same and treats them all the same. They are beautiful, happy children with a mother who loves them. Who cares what race they are!