You are here

What to do with unwanted stepkids? Legal way to get rid of them?!

Stefany.lee's picture

I know people will attack me here by asking for this kind of questions but I don’t care cause I’m sure some of you guys don’t want to deal with the stepkids just like me.... so stepkids lovers please avoid my post. Thank you.

Can anyone share their experiences with how to get rid of the stepkids (In a legal way of course)? I just don’t want them to live with me, get near me...... like I wish they just disappeared...

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Get divorced. Anything you do to try to push them out of their biological parent's life can backfire on you. Any time you get involved with a part-time parent, there is a possibility he/she will become a full-time parent. If you don't want the kids around, don't be around someone with kids.

Jcksjj's picture

There isnt a way. You'd have to leave yourself either by getting divorced or leaving every time they are there for visitation. Even if mom moved them hours away or something they still exist and at the very least DH has to pay CS.

ITB2012's picture

to take their ACTs and photoshop pictures of them in sports they never did, then create an endowment at a university and slide them right into college. Also make sure to set them up with a job that's far away and a trust fund.

...well, 'cept it was "legal" until a few weeks ago...guess you'll just have to go with divorce.

Letti.R's picture

Recycling upcycling is legal, right?
Upcycle them to your husband's next wife.

With your previous blogs, the kids aren't the root of the problem: your husband is, along with your own poor choices.
Upcycle the kids, trash the husband, learn from the experience.

MrsStepMom's picture

Well I am currently drinking and responding. I am drinking because my marriage is over. Because of SS. They don’t go away. My husband and I are great together, so happy, but the kid rules it. Now it is DH fault for not shutting shit down until I say shut has hit the fan but at the end of the day my SS is a massive asshole and has ruined my life. Just leave. I have to, don’t want to, and will never ever forgive that monster. 

issheeighteenyet's picture

my SD is ruining my marriage and my husband thinks she does no harm. I’m ready to bounce! I totally feel for you. 

MrsStepMom's picture

Oh and he like today has been acting like he is trying to establish dominance. Try me bitch. All you’ve accomplished is ruining your fathers marriage and him deep down resenting you. Congrats. He’s now spending the whole summer with mom and new stepdad. Can’t wait until he ruins that. 

Jcksjj's picture

Ohhhh how I've been wishing this on BM. What karma it would be for all the crap shes taught SD and at times encouraged that I've had to deal if it now is causing issues with her newest fiance. I'm sure they have the same issues there especially since he also has a child and she does NOT like other kids taking away some of her attention.

shamds's picture

refused to

your husband is a serial cheater, he has to fight for sole custody of 2 minors because of their mum. You keep trying to play this scenario of life with him without skids except its not gonna work. You have 2 options: seek divorce and shared custody of your kids or show evidence that sd has harmed your kid via cps reports

or in some twisted way sabotage your life forever by staying married to a cheat and plan daily how to get rid of minors.

you brought and chose to enter this messand remain, only you can choose to remove yourself out. Make that decision

you as a mother are talking about legal ways to remove minor skids from your home!! Do you actually have any nurturing instincts here because the way you’ve behaved is putting you on the fasttraxk express to hcgubm narcissistic and pas aggression to the max, so you’d not only help destroy skids lives and relationship with their dad (which is his to manage separately), but you’re also gonna destroy your own kids

buck up and make the hard decision yourself as you currently refuse to and stop bringing the skids into the mix

Justkeepswimming4's picture

I consider myself to be nurturing. Even to children I don't know. To my step children, after what they've done to me.... we'll I could care less if they existed or not. I feel nothing for them. Honestly a waste of space and I feel sorry for them because their mother is never with them when they are home. The kids literally disgust me when I look at them. It's awful to say but it's true after the pulling of my hair and beating onto my kid and blaming him for everything on top of a million other things! I cannot stand the devious children's I didn't create coming into my house hold. 

ndc's picture

A legal way?  That would be divorce.  From what I've read of your situation, I think that's your best option.

Stefany.lee's picture

Some of you made me sounds crazy but who is not selfish in this world? Who doesn’t want their husband home and your kids have a dad at home for them if you have an option? This is a no win win situation for everyone here. My husband will hates me for abandoned his kids if he pick me and he will always regret losing our family. I’m just so tired and want to send these kids right back to their mom...... they love their mom and they want to stay with her anyway....

shamds's picture

with a man with kids from a prior relationship

we all know the evidence and statistics out there and i believe its like 2/3 of marriages to divorcees ends in divorce, its comkon knowledge its a tough gig. You talk about wanting to be selfish, parenting is a selfless act! You juggle, you compromise and you sacrifice. You do the right thing

in your mind the right thing for you is your constantly cheating husband chooses you and dumps his kids, like physically abandons them. If he is capable of abandoning them he is 100% capable of abandoning you and your kids. What part of this do you not get?

i have been married to my husband almost 4.5 years, we have 2 toddlers and he has 3 kids with psycho hcgubm narcissistic pas bio from ex wife. Life has not been easy, its been torture, i never expect my husband to choose me over his kids, i have never asked that. I simply ask he stands up for me, protects and supports me when skids are out of line. When they cross that line hubby needs to buck up and address those issues confidently and firmly and not give in.

skids have a dysfunctional mum who comes from a dysfunctional family, they all inherited those traits to varying degrees. Hubby manages his relationship with skids separately and i focus on mine. You telling and expecting/demanding your husband dump his kids on the system with a bio mum who threatens harm, does drugs etc and is simply not fit makes you no better than her or him. 

In this whole mess of dysfunction and cheating, you can choose to be the better sane person, to set an example but instead as a mum you are openly advocating for your cheating husband to dump minor kids, abandon them or as your post says “unwanted stepkids”, they’re unwanted by you, not by your husband! He wants them very much because no good parent would dump their kids, they brought them into this world and they are responsible. That doesn’t make you a good person period. What example are you setting for your own kids? You can say in your mind you are doing this for them, that you are protecting them etc but that is far from the truth.

you can vent and whine about hubby and skids etc but what you are advocating for does not make you a good person 

what happens if the tables were turned and those skids were yours and your spouse tells you to dump them, get trid of those minor kids and just stay married to me and our 2 kids, what would your answer be? Woold you fight for custody of them or get rid of them??

tog redux's picture

You could just follow through on alienating your kids from their father like you planned to do, then you won't have to deal with the skids.  Of course, you won't have him, either, but you can't have everything.

Yes, you are selfish, and unbelievably so.  You lured this guy away from the family that you knew he had, and now you want them gone entirely, just to meet your own selfish desires.

Instead of plotting to get rid of your skids, find a good therapist to help you work on yourself.

beebeel's picture

I have step-by-step instructions for a fool-proof way for you to rid yourself of all those kids:

1. Leave your home.

2. Drive to the nearest psych ward.

3. Check yourself in.

You could use your time in the Looney bin productively, such as bushing up on remedial spelling and grammar skills.

marblefawn's picture

It's all about the kids, right? Send them to a good boarding school. It will cost a fortune, but you can do it under the noble auspices of caring.

Siemprematahari's picture

In reading your prior posts I don't know who's worse?? The out of control SD trying to poison your child or the fact that you are still living in that envirnoment.

Dash 1

justmakingthebest's picture

While I don't disagree that boarding school is always an option of any parent... I don't know if I would take advice about being mean and sneaky in an underhanded way to CHILDREN even if you don't like them. I also am pretty sure that divorce would be the least of my husband's worries if I ever found out that he found a way to take my children from me. 

Divorce or moving out are really your best option here. If these kids are sooooo hard to live with, don't. Get an apartment across town and live there. DH can stay there with you when he doesn't have his kids. Any decent parent would kick a spouse to the curb if they knew that this is what the other spouse was plotting. You are supposed to be partners, not under handedly trying to destroy the relationship they have with their own child. 

Dontfeedthetrolls's picture

Leave their dad?

Or you could assult them and then have a restraining order put against you but seriously if dad's living with you then the kids are going to be around. Either you accept that or not. You're asking how you can legally stop it? You shouldn't need to. If it's that big of an issue then your DH should be on board and you shouldn't nedd anything to legally stop it.

Stefany.lee's picture

I wish I called the police at the time but CPS did suggested us to send her back him to her mom at that time and we did to keep her away from the babies...

I wish CPS would just her away and give her some professional help. I don’t mind living with my stepson he’s a good kid. I just don’t trust that girl around my house I feel like I will have to sleep with one eye open when she’s around.

lieutenant_dad's picture

Why is it CPS's responsibility to make sure SD has professional help? Does your DH not have access to health insurance for mental health help? His kid, his responsibility to find her help. Not CPS's job, and by extension taxpayer funds, to make sure SD is alright when she has a perfectly capable parent who hasn't even tried.

Cbarton12's picture

No offense OP, but you need help. 

A lot of us from time to time get frustrated with our SKids. But you're asking for advice on something much more sinister.

Your only option is for you to exit your marriage. Everyone including yourself will be better off.

juststressedbeyondbelief's picture

No, you can't get "rid" of a kid.

Just focus on your own if you are miserable and can't leave. They are your happiness. The stepkids are the responsibility of your husband. If he doesn't step up and do his job, the kids will choose their biological mother when they're old enough to do so.

Lillywy00's picture

totally understand where you are coming from

While you can't necessarily get rid of them per say you can leave when they're around. Travel, spa trips, anything to focus on you  

I HATE living with these stepkids because their loser mother and no-backbone father have one of the worst parenting styles I've encountered this far. 

living with stepkids who have parents like this is unbearable and like others mentioned it's better to find men who either don't have dependent kids or if you must chose step life, only accept people who are well-adjusted, normal, rational, and sane (which disqualifies about 92% of single dads with dependents)

Best bet is to extricate yourself so you don't have to endure the steplife bs