You are here

What to do???

Survivor227's picture

So today I was informed by my daughter( who does not live with me at home) that my SS 16 brought alcohol to school and mixed it in his welding class, per her friend who witnessed it. The girl who witnessed it stated that it was Tequila and OJ, both that are in my kitchen. I would dismiss this as heresay, except the girl who saw him do it doesn’t live at my house nor does my daughter. He also has extensive history of behavior issues and before my husband and I married, he snuck wine coolers out of my house and drank them at the creek behind where I use to live. This kids mom died a year ago from liver failure st 38 years old due to her drinking and my husband has an affinity for 100 proof rum ( which we’ve had issues over). His father I have not told yet and I also found out he got in trouble today, he just started back to public school Jan 4th because he got kicked out for behavior issues last January 2017. I’m at my wits end. Any time I say anything about his son, the world stops and we fight. The last time I caught him drinking, my kids told my husband they saw him, but my husband called them liars and nothing was done. He is a habitual liar and I feel needs intensive counseling and therapy. My daughter and my husband can’t stand each other and I’m sure his exact excuse will be that she’s lying. I’m a nurse, the last thing I need is for him to tell kids at school that we let him drink. How do I break it to the hubs? This is a mess. I’m so tired of dealing with his crap!!!

notarelative's picture

SS stealing liquor
BM died from liver failure
DH aka BF affinity for rum

There's no easy fix for this. The chances of getting someone with an affinity for rum to recognize that their child has a problem are minuscule.

You might consider attending a few Alanon meetings. They are very helpful if you are dealing with a family member with a drinking problem.

notasm3's picture

Dump all the alcoholics from your life.

My alcoholic SS32 emptied five 1.7 liter bottles of unopened booze from our home while we were on vacation. I did not press charges, but he is now DEAD to me. He does not exist in my life on any level.

It will have been a year next month. It has been wonderful not having him in my life at all.

We are buying a new car. SS is now working for the dealership where I have bought my last two cars. Too bad so sad - I am moving to another dealership. I will not only not deal with SS, but I will not deal with any dealership that employs such a POS. The ownership changed since my last purchase so these are new owners. They must be trash to hire an alcoholic who has not had a driver's license in a decade because of DUIs.

Tiger7's picture

If your DH has a drinking problem that he won't admit to, then he's not going to admit his son has a problem. That would mean he'd have to look at himself with honesty. As suggested above - join Al Anon and lock up the liquor.

notsobad's picture

As others have said, no alcohol in your home. Zero tolerance .

It is actually an easy fix, unless you have an alcoholic in the house, then there will be much whining and crying and begging and cajoling.

marblefawn's picture

SS won't be able to hide it forever. Get rid of your liquor, lock up your prescription drugs and then wait for SS to be found out on his own. His dad will never address it coming from you or your daughter.

Your house sounds like a war zone. How can you stand it? I am surprised you haven't totally disengaged. I see you fretting about SS, but where is the post from his fretting father?

Rags's picture

Call the school and drop a dime on the SKid. Let them test him a few times and when they catch him... facilitate the full consequences of the law to be applied.

If he can't listen and learn. He will have to feel. Facilitate the pain.

Java_Junkie's picture

As others said...
You have an alcoholic around the house.
Lock up the alcohol or get rid of it completely.
Get in touch with ALANON and go to some meetings.