You are here

Update......SS17 DIDNT SHOW UP!

stressedstep's picture

Well, OH picked me up from work yesterday, and nothing was mentioned at all regarding the impending tea and SS17 apparently turning up.

I will therefore go with the assumption that OH didnt expect SS17 to show in the first place, and this is probably why he never mentioned it, because SS17 indeed DID NOT show up.

Not that it would have mattered anyway. I did not do enough to cover him, I never mentioned him at all, and what little leftover there was I binned in full view of OH, who still never said anything.

I hate the fact that I have been fretting over this since the weekend. I hate the fact that I have not been told either way what is going on in my home.

Then to top it all off.....SD6 was collected by OH wearing a PJ top. I pointed out it was a PJ top, to be met with a blarting SD6. I had to walk away!
OH then told me (nicely, not offish or anything) not to mention it to her again cos "we all know what a dumb cow BM is". Thats fine. What I didnt find fine was the fact he then told SD6 that "its not a PJ top, and daddy wouldnt lie to you"............ok, so Im the one who bought the PJ's, so I think id know. So SD6 proudly comes to me and BD6 and repeats what her dad said, to which my reply was (under my breath as I walked away) "well, your daddy just has". So rather than admit that BM made a "mistake", ist better to make me and BD6 out to be liars instead!?

Willow2010's picture

Glad he did not show up!

And just a little advice. There was really no reason to try and make the little girl feel bad about her clothes. Especially in front of her dad. I would just let little stuff like that go.

ncgal1980's picture

I think a lot of stuff in my head about my skids that I don't say out loud, and often it deals with the way BM dresses them. They often have on clothes that are stained, dirty (like they've been worn multiple times without being washed), have holes in them, and are too small.

Saying something to the kid doesn't help, because at that age they're really not old enough to do much about it. I might mention it to DH later (he notices it, too, but also doesn't say anything to the kid), but I don't say anything to the skid about it. They can't help it that BM sucks at dressing them.

stressedstep's picture

I didnt try and make SD6 feel bad! It had happened before, about 6 months ago but it was her dad that made the mistake with a different top, and it was all jovial! Even SD6 laughed about it. This time, it was different.

Orange County Ca's picture

What Echo said above. Come to Jesus talk. Disrespect for you or afraid to tell you for fear of 1. SS won't show and OH be embarrassed once again or 2. Your anger. Both. I've found the best thing to do when it comes to adult kids operating outside of the home is to shut up. Unless specifically asked for advise - not happened yet - a spouse doesn't want advise. It's bad enough the kid is screwing up.

Since you weren't told it wouldn't be unreasonable to not be prepared for his arrival would it. Just assume the worst from now on and don't get ready. If he shows either you've got tea on hand or you don't. American here - is there more than tea involved? Are Brits ever OUT of tea?

You weren't lying about the PJ top you were simply mistaken which Daddy - her hero - corrected. She'll forget all about it by next week. You can ignore this stuff its way below you or it should be anyway.