You are here

Update For: Step Daughter is a NIGHTMARE

RestlessInChicago's picture

In the end - I left.
I had him removed from our apartment, packed up all of his things, placed them in a mutual storage unit and informed him that he would have one month to find his own storage unit or risk losing everything in there. I told him while I was at work that I hit my emotional breaking point and I couldnt handle it anymore. He asked me what was going on, I told him his daughter, he asked why I'm always attacking her - and so I said get out. The lease is in my name, you are unemployed and can't afford all of the bills anyhow. The lease, the energy bill - my name. You either move out, or I pack all of my things and turn everything off.

He said he wouldn't leave, threatened me, then pleaded with me, then threatened me - and so I called the police, got an emergency restraining order, and he was ordered out with little ms precious.

My breaking Point: His lovely daughter grabbed my sons stuffed animal (a dog he calls, "Puppy" and has had since he was 2), threatened to kill it and refused to give it to my son if she wasnt allowed to sleep on the top bunk forever. They both come out as she tells me, "Robby decided to let me always be on the top bunk" - I asked my son what was up because that didnt sound like him - out came the truth.

My now ex yelled at my son for tattling, but when his precious brat lied and said "I never said that" - nothing. He claimed its because he didn't hear her say it and we couldn't prove it. Truthfully, we both know shes a brat. Is my son an angel? No. Does he lie? At times, yep. But this was not something he lied about. You could see the pain in his face.

It was to the point where if I stayed, that little girl would've had one hell of an ugly wrath to face.

I couldn't stand her voice, I couldn't stand looking at her - and I was just done.

I miss my ex terribly and it hurts... but omg the peace and lack of anxiety due to her, is quite nice to have.

My son is a different kid. He is bubbly again, he woke up the first night, knocked on my door and asked if he could come in, I said sure but go grab a snack - we stayed up and streamed netflix, he told me about school, how much better he feels now. And really - the amount of tension in our home has reduced significantly.

Even the ghost (yeah, my apartments haunted... we call him Hal) has started to surface again. I decided that its pretty bad when the hauntings cease because even the ghost doesnt want to deal with you lol

Hardest decision of my life, but at the same time, the best decision. I packed up all of his things neatly, took the time to bubble wrap and fold - box it up, took pictures of it all to show I did no harm, placed it in storage, gave him the key, said you have one month, I wont be disturbing this, everything is in there. Even paid for a climate controlled storage unit because I didnt want to be blamed for mold or any other damage - so now. Its heal, move forward, and enjoy life with my son.

Wouldve updated sooner - but we live by one of the renaissance faires, so we had a medievel weekend to regroup and rebond (:

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

This is great news to read! Wow it got bad for you. I have two SDs full-time since their BM died. They are SD19 and SD13 and I am slowly beginning to lose my mind. I don't know if I could ever leave, but I guess you would have nothing to lose at that point, when you're at your wits end.

Got a good laugh reading that Hal had resurfaced! LOL Glad you and your son are feeling rested, and like you can breathe again.

That was a brave thing you did.

~ Moon

Shaman29's picture

Enjoy your peace.

Your Hal reminds me of Dennis, Cordelia's ghost in Angel. He tried to protect her by making it difficult for bad guys to get into her apartment all of the time. Smile

I'm all for Hal screening your dates going forward.

RestlessInChicago's picture

Thanks!! Yes we too got a good laugh when my son noticed Hal making his rounds again. Here I thought he moved on - nope. LOL Jus tdecided to avoid the nonsense. Bu tnow he's back to his casual strolling around - checks on me in the kitchen, always in my sons room back and forth checking on him. LOL We've come to accept Hal as family, so Im happy he's back (:

and yes - the pain may sting, but this weekend will be SO nice and enjoyable because i wont be on edge dealing with him or his daughter!

Definitely just hit my breaking point. Reading here and then looking back on my life, then asking myself, "I've grown a lot in 32 years, been through a lot. But Can I really handle 32 years of THIS?" and the answer was ultimately no. LOL No I can't.

Its hard, but I wouldnt go back and change it. I know in the long run - i done good (:

katielee's picture

Wow. I think I have a girl-crush on you Smile I am soooo impressed you were strong enough to leave the asshole with his mini-wife. Bravo!!! And congratulations. I wish you and your son a wonderful, peaceful life.