You are here

Unable to do our own thing

Jas24's picture

Hi everyone,

This is a tough situation. I find myself being stalked on social media by my fiance's child's family. We don't have the leniency to do our own thing. For example, we took his son to the beach & the next thing I know it his son says he's afraid of the beach because there's sharks. Mind you he's 3 years old...I'm thinking his mom is manipulating her son to not like the beach out of jealousy. I've been with him for 3 years and she's brought nothing but chaos since the start of the relationship. From TRO accusations to increasing child support from my fiance. I mean it's a whirlwind. And above all, I feel like my opinion to help resolve his issues don't matter. Another point I would like to make is that we live together with his family. He confides in his mom A LOT more than I think is necessary especially if I've been in a relationship with him for so long. Especially about his child's mom, he leaves the vague details for me. Usually a relationship entails confiding in each other. But idk. What do you guys think? I'm in desperate need of advice. Thank you

ndc's picture

The social media stalking is probably your easiest issue.  Tighten up your security.  Block the BM and anyone else who you know is stalking you. Be discriminating about what you post on social media. 

It sounds like your fiance has a high conflict ex.  It's highly unlikely she'll get any better, so you need to decide if your fiance is worth the heavy baggage he comes with.  From what little you've written, it doesn't sound to me like he is.  You don't feel like your opinion matters to him.  You don't feel like he confides in you as he should.  It sounds like he's closer with his mom than you'd like.  And why are you living with his family?  Are you there for financial reasons or something else?  I guess every family is different, but there is no way on God's green earth that I would live with my husband's family for more than a week or so unless there was a dire emergency.

Kes's picture

It sounds like your fiance is enmeshed with his mother - this happens especially when they are still living under the same roof. Can you get your own place with him?  If he's living with her from pure choice, then probably time to rethink the relationship - I certainly would. 

Harry's picture

You must start by finding your own place to live. Get away from your MIL.  
Second, you can not control the ex. OR what she tells SS .  This is not going to stop. You must disengage from the BM.  Yoir SO must be forceful in telling his son they're are no sharks at the beach. Ect.