You are here

UGH...I don't like my SD!!!

UNHAPPYINVEGAS's picture

SUPER GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE!!!
My bf has a 19 yr old daughter who lives with us. She used to live in a dorm but flunked ou 2nd semester and moved in with us. She is lazy, dirty, a thief, extremely manipulative and I could keep going but ill stop. In his eyes she can do no wrong. This girl always has something to say even when she is wrong she plats innocent for daddy but acts like a total b.... When he's not around. She even stole my brand new nikes and blamed her friend for doing it! His solution was for him to buy me new shoes mine was kick her out! He acted as if it never happenef i had to put a deadbolt on our bedroom door that is locked at all times to keep her out. She will take stuff and tell you with a straight face she didn't do it. She eats like a dog and doesn't work have a drivers license or a car!! She was barely accepted into community college and she flunked out there too!! I feel like he has one of those kids he is stuck with and I'm tired if living with her! She's about to be 20 she just got a job after a year if partying but it's a bs job! Then to top things off his 11yr old is visiting somehow the door to her came off the hinges and so did the closet she leaves all the lights on hogs the t.v leaves all her stuff everywhere ! It's become a full time job keeping the house in order! I love him we've been together for 4 years but I don't always want to be in this living situation. I'm never going to win in this situation....so tired frustrated and just don't know what to do anymore

UNHAPPYINVEGAS's picture

I do like kids just not necessarily kids. He said he doesn't want anymore kids which I get after dealing with his. I feel bad but I don't. I'm starting to find myself wishing I lived alone with my dogs. I find myself trying to make plans for the 3 of them just to be home alone. I like kids maybe it would be different if I have my own or maybe none at all

overworkedmom's picture

She is an adult. Give her a deadline on when she needs to either be in school full time and working part time or she needs to get a place of her own. The end of summer would give her plenty of time. I would have a serious "its time for your daughter to grow the hell up talk with your BF".

TinyDancer's picture

Def time for a chat with the BF about boundaries.
In the meantime, you live there, it's your home too and you have say in it. So, say something. You don't have to walk around on eggshells around her. It's suppose to be the other way around. Make it happen. Don't be her doormat!
And while your at it, leave the info for the local women's shelter on her bed. Either she gets a real job and finds a couple of room-mates, or she can bunk there.

Either way, it's time for her to go off and find herself. Or it's time for you to put yourself first and do what you need to do. Foot down or leave.

One life, why live it like that?

jojo68's picture

I can relate...today I am at work with my valuable jewelry, my computer, my phone charger, and anything else I don't want destroyed or stolen in my tote under my desk at work...all because SD and her friends have no respect for other people's property and no boundaries. Utterly ridiculous...when SD13 decides to "grace us with her presence" it is always with at least three people in tow and expects me to cook and pick up after them all. SD13 has been staying with another family member for the past few weeks saying that we are too boring and the people she stays with like to go do things all the time...but now she is back Sad