You are here

turns out my HUSBAND and my SKID are both ASSHOLES!!!

dledden's picture

Skid, well, you all know my dislike for that kid, so I don't need to repeat it all here......

I hurt my right hip exactly 18 days ago. Been non-weight bearing and in acute pain with certain movements. Xray shows nothing. Went to sports med dr. as it happened as a running injury, and he suspects a stress fracture in my femoral neck/upper leg/hip. Sent me for an MRI which I had done today. My husband, who since this has happened and thinks hes a fucking DOCTOR, keeps saying, oh you just have a strain muscle....blah blah blah....well, we are on day EIGHTEEN (18) of not being able to walk, is FINALLY starting to believe me that something is really WRONG in there, and we begin to discuss via text the possibility if I have a fracture, the need for surgical intervention and my being 'laid up'. My mom today said if that happens, hubby's going to have to take a few days off work, she can't do everything. Ok, fine. I share this with hubby. First he starts to cry poor about how will the bills get paid.....duhh, it's called SICK PAY. Then he says well he already has one day of vacation for SKIDS EYE DR APPT.....REALLY?? I say "ok, well have your MOM or DAD (retired) take the fuckin kid for his eye appt".........his reply: (ok, make sure you are sitting down).....no, he has to have his eyes dialated, i wILL BE THERE......

My response is one that read something like this: "Ok so what you are saying is that your KID getting EYEDROPS in his fucking eyes trumps my NEEDING FUCKING SURGERY and being IMMOBILE???" You will really TAKE OFF WORK to go to an EYE DROPS appt. over your wife being CUT THE FUCK OPEN?"........REALLLYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????

I don't even give him a chance to respond, I simply texted back saying "it's ok, really, it's fine....i'm a big girl, I got this shit, no worries".....he tries to apologize and shit all day since.....and I am so fucking evil right now, it's taking EVERYTHING IN ME not to say this:

"Yes, i can see how important it is for you to take a day off from work for your son to have his eyes checked, I mean, you IGNORED AUTISM FOR 6 FUCKING YEARS, but an eye appt, WELL that must be ATTENDED TO by you EXPEDITIOUSLY!!!!!!!!

I am refusing to answer any of his texts. He don't wanna help, here's how it's gonna go down if I need surgery:

1. Mom will take me for surgery and come pick me up.
2. Me, mom and MY BIO KIDS will go to gramom's house for a WEEK so I can rehab there.
3. Hubby will be stuck here with SKID.
4. Hubby has to leave for work at 5am every day, he can figure out where the fuck his kid is going to go after being woken up at 4:30am.
5. He can figure out who's going to take Skid to school.
6. He can figure out who's going to pick skid up after school.
7. If skid gets sick at school,HE can get called to pick his ass up.

my poor ASSHOLE husband and his ASSHOLE kid are gonna learn, one way or the other, that my surgical needs will not be trumped by a kid's eye appointment......

There, i'm done, and I feel better ROFL

misSTEP's picture

Good for you. This is ridiculous. He needs to kiss some serious ass for this bone-headed-ness.

StickAFork's picture

Why are you fighting over something that may not even happen? Why not wait and see what the doctor/MRI has to say??

SMH.

Your DH puts his kid first. It sounds like that isn't ever going to change. Sad

dledden's picture

he shouldn't put a kids annual vision checkup ahead of his wife's surgery. I have 2 bios, and if my hubby needed surgery and my kid had an eye appt, i'd send the kid with my mom, hands down, no questions to consider. You are right, this is assuming I need surgery. Point is, he made his choice....or his bed.....and he sure is gonna lie in it....... }:)

Crazymommaof4's picture

I agree with you! It doesn't matter if it is not a definite yes to surgery it's the point he made and by the sound of it he has made the ultimate mistake! You never put a child above your husband/wife unless there is some sort of endangerment to the child. Eye appointments can be rescheduled ... I mean really I would have tossed him out!

TASHA1983's picture

EXACTLY!!!

Marriage = #1 Priority
Kids = #1 Responsibility...PERIOD!!!

Very simple. Take care of your wife while she is recovering (when you have surgery that is) and get someone else to take skid or reschedule. I swear these tards don't have a fucking clue...this concept is NOT rocket science!!!

StickAFork's picture

I totally agree with you, btw. If my kids had a checkup appt and DH needed surgery, I'd be rescheduling in a nanosecond.

RedWingsFan's picture

First, I'm so sorry you're injured and in so much pain! That's horrible and being in pain makes anyone's attitude go downhill.

Second, your DH is being a douche and needs to be the one stuck with skid anyway. His kid, his problem.

Third, I do hope that you recover quickly and if you do have to have surgery, your mom and kids are able to be there for you and make things as easy as possible.

Take care of yourself Smile

xtina's picture

Wow what an ass! Sorry you have to deal with this when you have bigger things to worry about like your health! This is one of those situations where he needs to choose his wife over his kid. When your wife needs surgery you will fucking be there! Like someone else said, his kid/his problem! Maybe when he has to do everything himself he will realize and appreciate all that you do.

zebra.wings's picture

OMG I HEAR YOU. MY husband is the same way and I sit here going WTF!!!!! I could be ILL vomiting etc and he will STILL take "his" boy to do something...or go tuck "his boy" in bed and take three hours doing it when all I want is sympathy and comfort and a HUSBAND. instead he obsesses over the cats, breaks my shit while throwing shit at the cats then gets mad at me for his kid running up and down the stairs because the fucking kid doesn't listen when I say stay in bed because he's a disrespectful shit!

I hear you 100% and the only thing I cannot figure out is WHY thefuck we keep putting up with this...other than "love" i"d LOVe for my husband to understand where I am coming from! but he's self centered. sounds like your husband puts his friggin less than perfect kid on a pedistal too. My husband does the same and I fucking hate it. I LOOOOVEEE my kids to no end. but have never not tried to welcome his ungreatful brat of a kid into our family but instead he draws a line.

Your husband needs to get his priorities straight. I hope you teach him a lesson and make sure he knows he's FUCKED until your better. maybe then he will appreciate you more!

why are men such one sided jerks!

looneyville's picture

Good for you!!! He'll never do that again. I hope get can handle that responsibilty by himself. Oh well he should of thought about you. Biggrin

tplucky3's picture

yay for you!!!

dtzyblnd - "What the duddle head should have done was just tell you: Babe, I got your back. We will figure this shit out. It's going to work out. I love you."

ahhhhhh...if only the idiots used their brains...they'd say this a BUNCH!!!