You are here

Three things you most want to hear?

I am confused's picture

For me:

1. "I just wanted to say thanks. I may not say it enough but not only did you marry me, you took on my kids and all that entails. You spend time and money on children who aren't yours and do your best to treat them as if they were. You deal with my Ex and the jealousy and anger you get from the Ex. You chose to take on a HUGE task because you love ME that much. I know it's hard on you and causes you a TON of stress, and I can't tell you how great it makes me feel that you were willing to this to be with ME."

2. "My Dad is out of town and I was hoping you might be willing to take me to the Daddy/Daughter dance."

3. "My Mom said you used to be a great pitcher when you were a baseball player and I was wondering if you could show me how to throw a curve ball?"

The three things you most want to hear?

I am confused's picture

"From steps:

1. Thank you for making my Dad happy.
2. I know you have your own life.
3. Can I help you?

The steps would never say any of the above. I felt psychotic even writing it."

Hang in there... That's hilarious but I get what you're saying.

TheOtherMom's picture

1. "Thank you."
2. "I know you're my real mom. Biological doesn't matter."
3. "I really appreciate you keeping my father happy."

midwestmama's picture

This is good....ok let's see (just 3??):

From DH:
1. I understand how you feel, it's not wrong, and I'll do whatever I can to make it better because I caused it and you didnt deserve it.
2. My son has a perfectly normal home life with his mother, SF, and halfsibs, and I dont need to feel guilty or try to rescue him every chance I get because Ive done the best I can with a bad situation.
3. Turns out, SS isnt mine and I dont want anything to do with him or BM ever again! I just want to be a family with you and our BD's!

From BM or SS:
(nothing)
yah that would be good. Smile

quippers01's picture

I daydream about getting a paternity test that proves my H isn't my SD father all the time. I've even gone so far as to look up where to get the kits online and how much it would be to send it to the lab. When I got the results saying he wasn't the father (it's my daydream so it always says he's not the father)I drive to the state BM lives in to mail it to him so he doesn't know I did it. I think the only reason I haven't done this is because I know it would completely destroy him if he wasn't her father. I really wonder though because she looks nothing like him or her mom. She does however, look a lot like her half brother from her BM first marriage. Hmmmm...

Flippinexhausted's picture

oh this is aswesome.

1.I won the lottery and you'll never have to work again.

2.SS is moving to mexico and is forever banned from crossing the Mexico/United States border.

3.There's 5 cases of your favorite wine chilling in the fridge,yeee haaww! }:)

quippers01's picture

From H

1. I'm signing away my rights as SD father and you will never have to deal with her or BM again.

2. Wow, you are right, my 5 yo daughter should be able to do at least as much as your 4 yo daughter can on her own, I'll work on that.

3. You know how we agreed that no kids will sleep in our bed? Well I promise from now on I will not wait until you go to work and bring her into bed with me anyway just because she is pretending to be scared of yet another noise in her room.

From SD

1. I understand boundaries and respect your right to have 5 uninterupted minutes alone with your H during my visits.

2. My mom got remarried and I want her H to be my new daddy so I won't be coming around here anymore.

3. Wow, you are right, there a lot of things I can do on my own and I will stop asking daddy to hold my hand through every single second of my visit.